Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Almost Finished

• Replies 463
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

good idea,

i'll get right on it. watch this space!!

I thought you may be interested in a picture of the JE pistons that we used in Daves engine. Unfortunately we were let down by Cosworth, but that’s another story.

IS200Rebuild1Small.jpg

These were designed and specified by TDI to incorporate special features that are not considered in the normal JE “off the shelf” design. You may notice that the squish band is chamfered and the bowl is offset. These are critical areas to improve combustion efficiency. We also employed a low expansion material which means that they are a lot quieter than other JE pistons I have heard, and the oil control should be better too.

Sorry if this is a bit “techie” but I thought it may be interesting to demonstrate that not all pistons are the same.

"Techie" stuff is always good as we can learn a lot from it...

Anyhoooo ... How's the running in mileage going?? Any closer to getting it mapped?

Hi Adie , ive done 750 miles so far and the engine feels a lot more responsive , about two weeks away from going back for the other bits and then mapped . :D

• 3 weeks later...

well i've run her in , and now she's back at TDI for some more bits , katana exhaust manifold , katana intercooler , TDI stage 2 pully kit , HKS v-pro , HKS silent hi power back box , HKS super fire racing plugs , 500cc injectors and a dyno session , :)

geezer hope you dont mind me asking,how come you didnt go for the vpro in the first place?i assume you knew you were gonna need it at some point if you were going for all the xtra bits,injectors etc

Hey there,

looking forward to hearing and seeing the results on this, good luck,

Jamie

hi jamie , i'm not to fussed about the figures , as long as it puts a smile on me face when i floor it . :D thanks , dave

Sounds very good mate :D

Thanks Adie , i just hope it dosent sound too loud when i boot it , :D , dave

geezer hope you dont mind me asking,how come you didnt go for the vpro in the first place?i assume you knew you were gonna need it at some point if you were going for all the xtra bits,injectors etc

i had the f-con sz fitted over a year ago , didnt know then that i would get the "Tuning Bug" , back then it was doing a fine job , but the vpro will do a better job with the upgrades im having and plan to do . :winky:

that will explain it then,i had the vpro fitted when i was going through my modding bug,think it gives you a better chance at mapping all the changes made or something like that.bigger grid to work on,good luck with all of it.

that will explain it then,i had the vpro fitted when i was going through my modding bug,think it gives you a better chance at mapping all the changes made or something like that.bigger grid to work on,good luck with all of it.

yup better mapping and a few other things make it a good upgrade from the SZ , :)

Yeah they look nice, surprisingly quiet too, can't remember who's car I heard it on, seems amazing such a big exhaust is still so quiet - no louder than stock, just much deeper :)

Just a shame you can't still get the original non silent Hyper as that was mega :D