Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Wrote My Baby Off Last Night

my experience with insurance companys are they allways start with a low settlement figure because they expect you to want more,

they will have a figure which they wont budge on, you have just got to get as near to this as you can

another thing is the dealers profit, we all know every dealer has to make it, but your insurance wont pay it, as this is not the value of the car so their price will reflect it

try not to use solicitors as you will have to pay them even if the outcome is not what you want

insurance companys have lists of solicitors they will use who are experienced in this very thing

why not try to tell them you were selling the vechicle prior to the accident and had a serious offer of £18000 ,im sure you can show a few adverts, offers, etc

glad youre ok

good luck!

Java,

My commiserations.

Out of interest, do you know what tyres you were running on the car?

What were the road conditions at the time you span it?

best of luck, take no prisoners

I had dunlop 9000's all round.

I've just had a letter from the local council this morning telling me they are going to bill me for the road sign I destroyed! I phoned my insurance company and they said to post the letter to them and their legal team would sort it out. Phew!

My wife and I are going to look round the local Land Rover and Toyota dealers this afternoon. I'm going to make sure I check out a whole bunch of different cars this time before I buy.

I spoke to the salesman that sold me my IS200 yesterday and he said Lexus are doing a deal in March for existing IS owners. If they buy a new car they get 3 years free servicing!

I'm going to look at other cars, but I'm pretty sure what I'm going to end up with :D another IS!

Mind you, I might look at a second hand IS300 for around 23k. I've seen a few on the Lexus websites.

What do people here think? new IS200 or a second hand IS300?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links