Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

So I took it out for a drive at lunch.

Generally very impressed.

Don't like the "setup, nav and phone input unavailable whilst driving" feature... VERY annoying.

Will probably splice the firmware together and see what I get.

Struggled with the diesel, stalling it several times, though.

I'm used to a big petrol which can pull away easily in fourth.

One question: How do I set it so the sat nav voice-over will silence the stereo?

I can't find it anywhere in the menus on first glance.

Photos pending better sunshine.

G

So I took it out for a drive at lunch.

Generally very impressed.

Don't like the "setup, nav and phone input unavailable whilst driving" feature... VERY annoying.

Will probably splice the firmware together and see what I get.

Struggled with the diesel, stalling it several times, though.

I'm used to a big petrol which can pull away easily in fourth.

One question: How do I set it so the sat nav voice-over will silence the stereo?

I can't find it anywhere in the menus on first glance.

Photos pending better sunshine.

G

Lucky boy

Basically the "voice over" is a standard nanny feature. The Volume is also quite low even on highest volume (7). Unfortunatley Lexus naively left this largely unsatisfactory...

...along with the nanny on nav and phone use whilst in motion....oh yes and watching a DVD.

Most of these are there for good reason (safety - can you imagine running over a little person 'cos you were setting your satnav whilst driving - how would you live)...

Come on - where are your pictures :lol: ?

PS - the engine is tight - give it some time. You'll find you have to really press that accelerator to get going. You get used to it, and it becomes easier...

Just had the diesel for half a day.

The engine simply is not good enough.

Hardly any torque below 1800RPM and loads of turbo lag make the car hard work to drive and felt really slow over about 60, fuel economy was 29mpg.

Give me the petrol any day...

Paul

On my part I didn't go for the petrol because I was trying to take a step away from performance cars for a while.

The engine is pretty gutless without the turbo, which lags a lot, without a doubt.

I've also found poor fuel economy to start with, however I'm fairly sure that this will improve with time as the engine frees up.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links