Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Jamie's Lexus

• Replies 444
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

iys essential in that, it is supposed to be the other way around where the returns are supported on the suspension turret, there should be a red arrow indicating, Top and forward

otherwise the mounts will flex around where the returns are not supported thereby making the brace ...pointless

Ok then, thanks for that. Will do that first thing in the morning.

Fookin' muppet lol. Looks good, but just doesn't serve its purpose! Typical :P

Also popped these in the engine bay today.....

DSC08095.jpg

DSC08096.jpg

DSC08097.jpg

DSC08098.jpg

Carbon Fibre Alternator and VVTi covers - oh j'aime :D

Oh and by the way, can anyone identify what is missing here.......? :)

DSC08099.jpg

Thanks for looking,

Jamie

[/qu

bruv is that a trick question - it looks all good to me!!! nowt missing..

that s/c is missing fella....same on mine too :lol:

can't wait for the conversion....gonna be immense!!

Are you getting the carbon fibre induction scoop for the TTE s/c induction kit then???

Aye, :D It's the supercharger that's missing - well done. Yeah, I'll be having the carbon airbox as well to compliment these two c/f bits. Just working on some plans at the moment for something a little different to work with the supercharger and induction system. We'll see. It may be that it can't be done but we'll see how it goes!

Jamie

so ur deffo going fot he induction kit also?? i still haven't made my mind up to be honest....apparently its very loud and not sure if i want an overpowering loudness...lol!! i'll stew on it for a little and decide nearer the time :)

you going for uprated hoses and clips as well matey?

By the way, i don't think that the strut brace will fit when the s/c and induction kit is fitted?!?! Someone may be able to clarify that??

i Had a cusco strut bar and it would've required a good bit hacked out of it to get it to fit round the intake part from the s/c. Could be done but it would reduce the rigidity of it rendering it just a piece of bling rather than a structural peice. Unless you could buy shims to put under it to lift it up a bit but think that may cause problems closing the bonnet lol.

Sorry to be a tad negative but just to save to stress if it didn't fit etc, unless someone else has a solution..

By the way do you notice a big difference with the rear bar in? was considering doin it aswell but would mean loosing boot space which could be a problem but would be tollerated if it was for the good. lol.

• 3 weeks later...
i Had a cusco strut bar and it would've required a good bit hacked out of it to get it to fit round the intake part from the s/c. Could be done but it would reduce the rigidity of it rendering it just a piece of bling rather than a structural peice. Unless you could buy shims to put under it to lift it up a bit but think that may cause problems closing the bonnet lol.

Sorry to be a tad negative but just to save to stress if it didn't fit etc, unless someone else has a solution..

my cusco bar fits perfectly :)

you have to bend the strut and elongate the fixing holes

not easy but it works