Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

High Fuel Consumption

Wow. Nice one. Appreciate all the help. Darn. I could have done with something like this when I was pouring money into the Alfa!

This is a great site- and Lexus owners are (or at least seem to be) great ppl! nice one.

For interest only- I'm going to write to the Lexus Hatfield manager about the whole situation because I dont believe the front shocks even needed changing! The car was inspected by the AA (Dekra) a week and a bit before it went into the garage and there was no fault on the suspension!

I'd write them a letter aswell mate if they've not done a very good job!! I hope you get this all soted soon it's a big pain when a car is playing up had this trouble with my last car.

As for the performance of my IS it is really good between 90 and 130 in 6th so you shouldn't be struggling to get to 100 at all. :crying:

my car the same it pulls in any gear as long as i am above 4500RPM and believe it would go well over 130 MPH and its standard i think something wrong with your car rather than with the IS . Hope you get it sorted out soon mate

Cheers Lads.

I've written a letter addressed to the dealership manager asking for a full refund. See what happens. Found some useful info on the lexus.co.uk website about the customer charter and rights of complaint which is extremely useful!!

Highly recommended.

filled up my tank last week..mostly motorway driving..some urban. have clocked 390miles already n there is still about 1/4 tank left. quite pleased :) just did the ecu rest n the fuel treatment system with shell vpower on 99 octane :)

Nice one Chandru.

The car went in for a service with my cousin's boyfriend whose a mechanic. He put it through a service and replaced the spark plugs and the air filter. He said the sparks were worn which explains a lot.

The mpg has been excellent. Did 200-odd miles on half a tank!!

HOWEVER, new problem- car gets to 110 and maxes out!

He put NGK IFR6T11 platinum tip sparks in it and insists that these are the right plugs, but everything I've read says put iridium plugs in, not platinum ones. Is this likely to be the cause of the missing 20mph, or is it something else??

Nice one Chandru.

The car went in for a service with my cousin's boyfriend whose a mechanic. He put it through a service and replaced the spark plugs and the air filter. He said the sparks were worn which explains a lot.

The mpg has been excellent. Did 200-odd miles on half a tank!!

He put NGK IFR6T11 platinum tip sparks in it and insists that these are the right plugs, but everything I've read says put iridium plugs in, not platinum ones. Is this likely to be the cause of the missing 20mph, or is it something else??

so what ever u do it will only go to 110? does it easily get to 100 then wont go any further? the plugs wont make the car limit itself.

I've always thought my IS200 had poor fuel economy as I get about 21mpg driving to and from work, but a good proportion of that is stop, start stuff. Just did a 500 mile motorway run and was pleased to get 402 miles to 62 litres (30mpg). If I'd been travelling at around 65mph, I reckon I could have got another 50-60 miles out of a tank, but as the roads were so clear, I was going a bit faster than that :winky:

Wondering one of the following:

1) Dodgy gearbox or clutch

2) You've not got an IS200. It's an imported AS200 with the 180kmph limit still in place - that could explain why it stops at around the 110mph mark. Someone could have rebadged the relevant bits and you'd never really know.

3) Dodgy fuelpump

What happens at 110 - do you feel like the power suddenly stops if you keep your foot on the pedal or does it gradually come in and out?

I've always thought my IS200 had poor fuel economy as I get about 21mpg driving to and from work, but a good proportion of that is stop, start stuff. Just did a 500 mile motorway run and was pleased to get 402 miles to 62 litres (30mpg). If I'd been travelling at around 65mph, I reckon I could have got another 50-60 miles out of a tank, but as the roads were so clear, I was going a bit faster than that :winky:

Thats about the same as me. I got a good 30MPG after a motorway run and a carefull city drive at the end of it.

Wondering one of the following:

1) Dodgy gearbox or clutch

2) You've not got an IS200. It's an imported AS200 with the 180kmph limit still in place - that could explain why it stops at around the 110mph mark. Someone could have rebadged the relevant bits and you'd never really know.

3) Dodgy fuelpump

What happens at 110 - do you feel like the power suddenly stops if you keep your foot on the pedal or does it gradually come in and out?

It was doing 130- although struggling to get there- before the service. Now it gets to 110 and the car has no more revs and the engine is screaming to slow down.

In the service he changed the brake pads- these aren't catching (I ckecked for that), the air filter, the oil and the spark plugs.

The spark plugs he changed for NGK IFR6T11's platinum tip which is what toyota recommended to him.

The only thing I can think it might be is the spark plugs??!

Anyone know where I can pick up some Denso IK20's retail- as in over the counter?

You can buy them from the UK, but from what I've read on here a lot of members use the seller from the link I gave you. It seems that delivery speed is pretty decent as well. The reason people have used this seller is due to the costs apparently. When the supercharger has been fitted, this is where I will be buying the IK22's from.

Jamie

Hello all

My lex must be an odd 1 out as the fuel economy on mine is great for some reason and i don't drive that slow it goes well and over 100mph it keeps going, Its got the k+n panel filter in and a peco back box and still got the standard plugs in, even though i will be changing them to ik20's in the near future as the sound like they help it run smoother?

When i went up to the Notts meet last month i did 110 miles on quarter of a tank which i thinks not bad or is that not as good as some people are getting?? :)

Chris... :)

You can buy them from the UK, but from what I've read on here a lot of members use the seller from the link I gave you. It seems that delivery speed is pretty decent as well. The reason people have used this seller is due to the costs apparently. When the supercharger has been fitted, this is where I will be buying the IK22's from.

Jamie

is it easy to fit? i've got no clue where they go :)

I usually get 400 mile to a tank or 100mile per Qtr line

but with the price of the fuel creaping up again it becomes a bit costly to fill the tank

as it is coming towards summer :offtopic: (petrol companies put it up during the summer as more people on roads)

But i dont think you will ever get both luxury and fuel economy(petrol) in one car it just dont go together

Matt

I usually get 400 mile to a tank or 100mile per Qtr line

but with the price of the fuel creaping up again it becomes a bit costly to fill the tank

as it is coming towards summer :offtopic: (petrol companies put it up during the summer as more people on roads)

But i dont think you will ever get both luxury and fuel economy(petrol) in one car it just dont go together

Matt

You should try the curved caliper stickers i get 14 more MPG :P