Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Boddamloon's Mods To Date

You can fit plenty in there .... like a slice of bread and slice of cheese :lol:

Sounds like a typical Student dinner... lol Spent all his money on modding the car and that's all he can afford to eat...lol

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can someone please tell me what you do if you get a puncture???its obvious you wont fit a spare wheel in that gap!!!Do these speakers all come out to allow you to get to the spare or do you fit these run flat tyres or is it these tins of expanding foam stuff????!!!!

• 1 month later...

The last 2 days have been...............Rough

Yesterday i drove 18hrs to go pick up my new supercharger and got home late lastnight.

Today i fitted it all in good time until i got to clutch resavoir and struggled to get it off but got it in the end. The next thing i did was drop the black plastic adapter for the feed to the clutch.It went down in the engine somewhere and i have spent 2 hours trying to find it.I have the car up on a hydralic ramp and have been blowing with an airline and still cant find it.Im gutted. gord has another adaptor which he is going to send in the post for me.Cheers Gord.All i have left to do is ECU and trim the plastic cover and i would have been out playing by now grrrrrrrrrrr

Hey, this is my first post in this topic, and just like to say, the car is coming on very well...

You've made some pretty quick progress there, and its really good to see that you're doing alot of the work yourself :)

Keep the pics coming, i'll be keeping an eye on this topic from now on!

Cheerio, and keep up the good work mate :D

Hey there Rod,

Sorry to hear about the adaptor-mishap, but I'm sure you'll be back up and running as soon as! Despite how frustrating a little thing like that can be, it'll be worth it :)

Hats off to you once again for making the extensive trip to find yourself a supercharger, let me know how you get on...

Jamie

the bumper is up at paintshop but the guys going on holiday but should get it back on the 17th hopefully.

I am still looking for the right side skirts and need to go get measured up for the twin exhaust and then ill get the rear apron to suit.

After that I'm going to do my lights front and back and thats all im doing....................honest..............honest

Very good mate somehow i think you'll find something else to do :whistling: Moffet has had his twin exhaust done and looks very good had a good look at it at JAE his cars come on a lot since we saw it at glossop mite be worth pm'ing him to find out about his exhausts?? :D

Well guys i started this morning with lots of hope of finding the part i lost yesterday.

But no luck !!!

But through shear determenation i managed to make a part that works just as good if not better.

So clutch all sorted i then went on to ECU which i had a bit of a problem getting the tamperproof screws opened even with the proper bits but got it in the end.

I wired it up the way i thought was right by looking at the diagram and took the car for a spin but it felt so lumpy and would not idle oh and the engine management light came on.

I spoke with Gord who cleared up the problem.I didnt cut the wire in half before joining the yellow and green.

I did this and it is running perfect so i went a 10 mile run came back and put it up in the ramp again and checked all my work to make sure everything is tight and nothing had moved

I can safely say im one happy camper...................................Ill end with wise words.................whats next????

Thanks Gordon and Mark for your help !

Thanks guys.When i think back now it wasnt too bad of a job but there were times when i wondered why i had taken it on.

I was lucky as my mate has a garage and he gave me the lend of 1 of his ramps so it made it easier and no need to be crawling around on the ground.

Im glad i did it myself now as i now have a better idea of it all.

Right i had a thought the other day on the long drive south to get the charger.

We all know how much the Is200 speedo is out? Maybe 10% ? Well i was thinking if the speedo reads say 100MPH but the true speed is just 90MPH surly when the odometer reads 100 miles its actually 90 miles??So if you think your car has done 100,000 miles its actually only 90,000 true miles(still with me) Next thing i thought about was MPG !!! How much MPG are you really getting

It was a long journey and i was getting bored haha

That must have been a long way to have a think about that, but i suppose it's right. But we will need to prove it.

Hang on

So what you are saying if you and a car set off at the same time and went to the same place the lexus would have done less miles because of this FEATURE!

This is very interesting as i use my car for working and if i am claiming less for the petrol than i should be then i need to know the facts!

If you are doing less true miles, then your MPG is less, cos you are using the same amount of fuel that the car thinks you've travelled 100 miles on when u've only done 90? Cadey is correct I think

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links