Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Nexen N3000 - Well Impressive Budget Tyres!

aido

Just a quick update.

Just had another set of these fitted today - let's just say that all four were kind of dead :D

To be honest they'd done me well, I've probably done about 15,000 miles on these and they stuck like poo to a blanket, very happy indeed, it was the camber of the car which killed them, there was probably a good 4mm left on the tyre, and only much harder compound tyres would have lasted slightly longer with a much worse grip rate.

All in all I was happy with these - well obviously seeing as I just bought more! Quiet, very grippy and good in both the wet and the dry. Heck I was even shocked at how well they did in the snow for a summer tyre.

Wear wasn't great but in all fairness that wasn't an issue for me. Just traction.

The only drawback was the price increase in the last year.

They went up :(

All of 8 pence in a year - that's just wrong :lol:

• 1 year later...

Bouncing this old thread again - having a nosey at prices and I've noticed these are now £4 a corner more expensive than the Falken FK452 - they've definitely gone up in price and looks like they've had some excellent reviews on Black Circles too!

I was tempted to switch to the Falkens this time around but I think I may just stay put after seeing that!

I noticed when I went to Nature One last year that they have a rather large advertising display right outside Frankfurt train station along the roofline of the city so they must be doing alright across Europe :)

I always use Attecliffe Tyres in Sheffield who are at the Meadowhall end of the city, they're a sound bunch but may be a bit too far out your way as I guess whatever you saved there you'd be spending on petrol!

I'm glad you revived this thread buddy as I am due a couple of tyres for the Lex any time for MOT. I was pondering over various brands etc but from reading though this thread again I think the Nexens would be a good choice for me for the time being.

Have to admit though, when I did read the thread a couple of years ago I had my doubts, but it is good to see the same thinking after this amount of time.

Yeah in all honesty they outperformed my expectations, I was fancying a move to the Falkens but seeing the great reviews these get I'm staying put I reckon!!

I think these are being superceded by the N6000 or N7000 but I'm waiting to hear about those as they're moving to better all weather performance as opposed to just dry.

Definitely some of the best advice I had, like I say just don't expect them to last too long as they seem pretty soft but mine are still going strong :)

Exactly mate, same thinking I have, now my car is running perfectly again I'll be getting through some pretty quick too, not as quick as you will be though :D

I always use Attecliffe Tyres in Sheffield who are at the Meadowhall end of the city, they're a sound bunch but may be a bit too far out your way as I guess whatever you saved there you'd be spending on petrol!

Cheers av u got a number 4 them so i can get a price please :question:

I do go 2 Sheffield now & again so not 2 bad & i got the Lex from near Medowhall :)

Try this number:

0114-244 2779

I've sent quite a few people down there and they've always been happy with the result, they're absolutely sound down there :)

Their address is:

400 Attercliffe Road

Sheffield

S9 3QN

Fantastic news - the N3000 is not discontinued at all!

They have launched the N7000 which is their high performance all season tyre - but I'll be sticking to the 3000 now the snow clears up and I may buy a set of the 7000 for winter tyres!

I think the garage that sold them to you may have been telling fibs about the 3000s mate as I had confirmation from their VP of sales today that they're not discontinued :)

I'm right happy about that :)

First of all N3000 is not discontinued, and yes you are right, N3000 is

summer tread and N7000 is all season. We would like to thank you for

purchasing NEXEN. If there is anything we can do in the future please let us

know.

They're definitely on the up though :)

I phoned your mate & he said the N3000 r fadein out & its the N6000 now £78.76 :huh:

Im a sod 4 tred pattern & i only like the N3000 :blush:

& he said the Eagle f1 is fadein out 2 & i love that tred :crybaby:

I wonder why they're fading them out when Nexen themselves say they should be easy to get - hmmm might have to buy a set of 4 for when I'm ready to change!

Black Circles have them too :)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links