Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

SuperchargedL-----2002 IS200

I have noticed in some of your posts you speak of things on your Finnish IS that the UK model does not have.

e.g. HID headlights and Auto Dimming rear view mirror.

Your country seems to have a IS300 spec IS200.:cool:

The 2002 model has these new features as standard (compared to the old finnish IS200 I previously had):

- Different mask/grill

- Chrome exhaust tip

- Higher quality materials used in dashboard

- Doorspeakers look more luxurious

- AT model has armrest

- Window airbags

- ABS brakes has EBD & Brake Assist systems

- Double-locking system

My car came with a sport package that includes the following:

- 17" wheels with 215/45/17 tires

- Sports steering wheel (two tone leather)

- Tinted rear windows

- Light Weight Aluminium Pedals

- Alloy Scuff Plates

- Sport suspensions with thicker stabilizer

- Leather/Ecsaine 8-Way Multi-Adjustable Power Seats

- Limited Slippery Differential (LSD)

- HID headlights

- Yellow foglights

- Auto-dimming rear mirrors

Does not the UK IS200 2002 Sport has these all features/equipment/accessories?

[Edited on 11-3-2002 by SuperChargedL]

It has all the feature you describe bar these

- HID headlights

- Yellow foglights

- Auto-dimming rear mirrors

Only the IS300 Sport has these in the UK

You get what you pay for and the 2002 model has all these extras that you mention over the 99-01 models where they weren't even available.

In Sweden, and I am absolutely sure everywhere else as well, the base price also went up 1000 EURO. Someone has to pay for all the "standard" extras.

I may have no armrest but I can use my wallet filled with 1000 EUROS to put under it.

SuperchargedL: Don't you have full leather in yours, that is an option for 2002. I would really have loved that in my car .

[Edited on 12-3-2002 by George]

You get what you pay for and the 2002 model has all these extras that you mention over the 99-01 models where they weren't even available.

In Sweden, and I am absolutely sure everywhere else as well, the base price also went up 1000 EURO. Someone has to pay for all the "standard" extras.

I may have no armrest but I can use my wallet filled with 1000 EUROS to put under it.

SuperchargedL: Don't you have full leather in yours, that is an option for 2002. I would really have loved that in my car .

[Edited on 12-3-2002 by George]

Full leather is not available for IS200 in Finland. I like the Leather/Ecsaine comb, maybe it is better than full leather?

Full leather is available in Sweden from 2002 for both IS200 and IS300. It costs 2000 EURO extra I believe. So it ain't come cheap.

I personally think that full leather feels and looks more exclusive.

My ivory leather / alcantara is ok though. But I'll be sure to get full leather and bi-xenon in my next car, what ever it will be... and a zillion airbags.

Guys in Germany you got on top of it Xenon lights even on the is 200 electric seats also on the right seat, wood inlays on the doors....arm pad also for shift gear drive. full leather trim or escasine..leather...also available in grey...not only black or cream...

Furthermore we have new colours...even in a new blue colour....which looks awesome and yellow fog lights...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links