Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Front Brake Unit Changed

TK Chan

Yesterday, I had the IS250 front brake unit changed. The new unit is the one used in the IS350 and GS300. It fits with no modification and is a direct bolt on job. Very subtle change in appearance unless directly compared. Braking power is much improved but no adrupt jerking and is actually smoother than the original unit. I am thinking of painting the callipers later on. Any suggestion on colour - seems red will look good, my car is Blue Onyx.

The 4 port caliper of the new brake unit

Brakechange01.jpg

Left=original IS250 brake rotor; Right=the new 330mm brake rotor

Brakechange02.jpg

The new brake unit installed

Brakechange03.jpg

Picture of the original brake unit behind wheel

Brakechange04.jpg

Picture of the new brake unit behind wheel

Brakechange05.jpg

Brakechange06.jpg

• Like 1

Nice upgrade :) Is there any reason in particular that you went for this?

Good job though,

Jamie

Jamie,

The garage people did the job for me B). Obviously I feel the braking a bit lacking (especially when fully loaded) so I look for a more powerful grabbing unit. This IS350 unit comes in hand which needs mininal modification except that not all types of wheel rims will fit because of the large size calliper.

TK Chan

Nice upgrade :) Is there any reason in particular that you went for this?

Good job though,

Jamie

Jamie,

The garage people did the job for me B). Obviously I feel the braking a bit lacking (especially when fully loaded) so I look for a more powerful grabbing unit. This IS350 unit comes in hand which needs mininal modification except that not all types of wheel rims will fit because of the large size calliper.

TK Chan

Hi i'm a newbe with no car sense. did you say that the disks and calipers were from the GS300 and needed absolutely no modifications as i also find the brakes lacking in feel etc. i have also had Goodridge make me a set of stainless steel braided hoses which will be fitted next week. so any of you guys want some braided hoses contact Goodridge direct as i provided them the pattern part and they are not on any websites yet.

Hi i'm a newbe with no car sense. did you say that the disks and calipers were from the GS300 and needed absolutely no modifications as i also find the brakes lacking in feel etc. i have also had Goodridge make me a set of stainless steel braided hoses which will be fitted next week. so any of you guys want some braided hoses contact Goodridge direct as i provided them the pattern part and they are not on any websites yet.

The new brake units are those for the IS350 and installation is just a bolt on job, no hassle. The garage people told me that GS300 also uses the same unit but I am not sure.