Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Fault Codes...

mine is from 01/2000

It says 2001 because manufacturers had to be compliant from 2001 in the US but Toyota and others used it from 1996

Hey all, i recently got my self a 2000 x-reg lexus is200se and absolutley have fallen in love... (the G/f is getting a bit jealous i think :P)

P.s. can you suggest your favourite freeware software to go with it?

chris

I find one of the best is the "SCAN MASTER ELM". It's a demo version though and some really good features aren't available.

Also "WoBD"

• 7 months later...

So could this be used while the car is moving? i ask this cause it will be nice to have this displayed within my incar screen, but ofcourse i will have to have a laptop to install the software/drivers which can then be connected to video out (serial to video) to my 7"screen. I would love to know the extra info about my car so i can see all the readings and if anything is behaving weird. I had a m8 who bought one for his car (can't remember what make) and his one costed him £40, and the garage was gonna charge him £80 to turn off the warning light off. It was cheaper for him to find out the problem, get it sorted and still left money in his pocket and for future use too. I think something like this is worth investing, except at the moment i wouldn't know where it plugs into. Anyone got a picture of it connected to the engine?

The connector is located under the lower edge of the dash on the drivers side. If you put your head down in the foot well you will see it just above the accelerator pedal. It may have a white plastic cover over it. Pull it off carefully as it is captive and you don't want to break the lanyard. It might be labelled DIAG on the cover.

yes u can use it while driving - plug as mentioned is under a black cover at bottom of panel by the drivers knees - u can remoce the white OBD plug and then route the obd reader cable to where evr u want in the car as having the reader connected in original position makes it a bit diff to drive.

Ah, thought you had to connect it to the front of the car, like from the engine bay! lol....so i also take it that something is already connected to it, like ecu has to take the readings from it? or is it like a aux, only used for engine management and nothing is connect to it normally? I will duck down to take a look this weekend, must remind myself to clean the acc pedal incase of doggy poo lol

Ah, thought you had to connect it to the front of the car, like from the engine bay! lol....so i also take it that something is already connected to it, like ecu has to take the readings from it? or is it like a aux, only used for engine management and nothing is connect to it normally? I will duck down to take a look this weekend, must remind myself to clean the acc pedal incase of doggy poo lol

Its not connected to anything, just a plug waiting there.

Stav

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links