Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is220d Fifth Injector Problems

Well i booked my car in for the 20k service next week, and they found out my need the 5th Injector done too, so im going to have it done at the same times, but how long does it normally take to do the 5th injector recall? just hope it will not make things worse after it been done... :whistling: :whistling: :whistling:

Well i booked my car in for the 20k service next week, and they found out my need the 5th Injector done too, so im going to have it done at the same times, but how long does it normally take to do the 5th injector recall? just hope it will not make things worse after it been done... :whistling: :whistling: :whistling:

You should insist they change the Exhaust Gas Recycling Valve as well, made a world of difference to mine

..... I also understand from a friend in the trade that there are new injectors being fitted of a different design as the originals "dribble" and eventually coke up the inlet manifold causing the power loss. The new ones are Nippon Denso piezos apparently

Is this really true? Has anyone actually had the bits removed and inspected them?

The injector dribble info came from a friend who I trust 100%, he looked after my MR2 for 5 years and now looks after my Ex's IS200 (lovely car). He's ex-toyota and still well connected in the trade so I trust the info he's provided - the nw injectors are a direct result of the issues with the originals

Well got my 5th injector replaced today, the response from lower down rpm seem alots better than before, now only if they add a auto box then everythings will be great... ;) ;) ;) ;) consumption is around 38.4 mpg from dealer back home today, so only times will tell..

Well got my 5th injector replaced today, the response from lower down rpm seem alots better than before, now only if they add a auto box then everythings will be great... ;) ;) ;) ;) consumption is around 38.4 mpg from dealer back home today, so only times will tell..

Did they change the Exhaust Gas Recycling valve? That made more difference to mine than anything else. I'm getting a reasonably consistent 41-42 to the gallon despite having a heavy foot most of the time. Still occasionally stutters on start up but that clears quickly (dribbling injector anyone?) and still lacks some proper low end grunt but overall much much better.

Did they change the Exhaust Gas Recycling valve? That made more difference to mine than anything else. I'm getting a reasonably consistent 41-42 to the gallon despite having a heavy foot most of the time. Still occasionally stutters on start up but that clears quickly (dribbling injector anyone?) and still lacks some proper low end grunt but overall much much better.

Monsterped, do you know if it is usual for the egr valve t부o be replaced at the same time as the 5th injector recall is carried out? Mine is going in tomorrow for 30k service & recall to be done and wondering about asking them to do the egr as well.

Thanks

• 1 month later...

Well perhaps I spoke too soon about the mods sorting the problems. Since my post above I've done about 5k miles and the sh*tty starting issues are reappearing, the throttle response has dulled and the economy has dropped to the high 30s.

It goes back to the dealer tomorrow for the 4th time to try and rectify this.

To make matters worse, I think the gearchange has actually got clunkier as the miles have gone up.....

Oh how I wish I'd found this forum before buying.....

Well perhaps I spoke too soon about the mods sorting the problems. Since my post above I've done about 5k miles and the sh*tty starting issues are reappearing, the throttle response has dulled and the economy has dropped to the high 30s.

It goes back to the dealer tomorrow for the 4th time to try and rectify this.

To make matters worse, I think the gearchange has actually got clunkier as the miles have gone up.....

Oh how I wish I'd found this forum before buying.....

Well Lexus have had the car for three days and low and behold, have changed all the injectors again. It would appear that when they were changed last time, they were replaced with like for like, ie not the updated Denso items. The fault diagnosis was that 1 or more injectors were not seating properly and leaking diesel into the inlet manifold hence the feeling that it was flooded when not starting properly. I'm told today that it now has the updated Denso injectors and has had a further ECU remap (number 5 I think..). Initial impressions seem good but only drove it about three miles back home from the dealer. Throttle response seems improved and it certainly feels smoother - time and mileage will tell though.

The remap was, I'm told, from a service bulletin issued last week, week 40 I think so anyone due a service might want to make sure it's done

• 4 years later...
  • 2 years later...

Call Lexus Recall Helpline on 0800 1388 744 just give your registeration & they're should be able to tell you about recalls on your vehicle, while you at it, worth finding out if the engine has been replaced under the lexus goodwill warranty (This is a big problem the Head Gasket issue on the is220d)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links