Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is200 Amp

Has anyone tried to connect to the OE amp using phono outputs from their head unit.

I have been at this all morning and found that this can be done, BUT I seem to be getting a little interferance with the volume turned rigth down.

It seems like the line out voltage is not matched to the amp.

Anyone got any specs on the OE amp.

Cheers

Jay

• 2 weeks later...

OK. Today I went to buy a ground loop isolator, When the guy in the shop asked what I was going to do with it.

I explained that I had found the Line inputs on an IS200 OE amp but was getting a little bit of hum. He told me that I have not connected to the correct wire for the earth from my pre out leads and that by connecting to a certain wire it would sort out my problem.

I have just had a quick look and swapped the braided earths from the pre outs of the head unit to the BROWN wire on the on the OE connector and all the hum and interference has gone.

If any one wants to go done this route they will need to get a head unit with 4 pre-outs.

If you need any info on this let me know. I will e-mail you the details of the OE connector.

Cheers

Jay.