Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Boosted Is200...

• Replies 452
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's a shame mate, have they given you any ideas of when it actually will be ready?

nope, ive got my pipe work being made up which should be here next week sometime along with my intercooler mounts, then all there is left to do install the pipework, install the wider downpipe, return oil line, oil feed, wire up the boost controller, Greddy ECU, Turbo timer and obivously have it all mapped etc.... got a while yet i think :shutit:

Looking good .......... is that manifold Cast Iron mate ??

You need to get rid of that .... or lose some weight :)

why would you want to get rid off the far superior material for a manifold in an attempt to loose some weight

extremely rare to hear of a cast manifold cracking, unlike tubular manifolds

the only concern would be the airflow, which could be bored out to give better flow

the only reason most aftermarket turbo installations use the tubular type is because cast ones are not feasable to produce unless a large market exists

nice one mate. pity it wont be at jae. but then im looking at my 3rd jae with no car. it'll be worth the wait though as you'll love the turbo. so much better than the s/c plus the noise the turbo makes when spooling and then the bov

The top mounts for the intercooler have arrived and been fitted, the pipe work has mostly turned up but a bit more including some silicone hoses should be here monday... then its all systems go. A hole has been made for the pipe work to fit through on its travels from the turbo to intercooler. Im hoping its not going to be much longer till im up and running :)

Update!

The car has come along way scince the last update, i took a trip down to JPS today and all the pipework and hoses are on (except the blue hose from the turbo to airfilter) the boost controller was fitted and flange for the BOV, as i left they had started the turbo timer and a few other goodies. they told me they should have it compete and mapped by the end of next week! so looking forward to it!. Here are some pics!

002-7.jpg

003-10.jpg

004-4.jpg

005-7.jpg

Hey there Sam,

Glad to see that things are progressing really well. This has got to be one of the most "smooth flowing" turbo installations I've witnessed so far. Erm, I'll keep my gob shut just in case.

All the best with it and I look forward to seeing the results, both at a show and on here....

Regards,

Jamie

Update!

Car is almost complete, should have it back sometime next week now. all the intake pipework is done, oil return has been fitted, bov fitted and bumper back on. the oil feed is being delivered monday but they are having some trouble installing the new ecu but im hoping to see this fitted and mapped soon. here is some more eye candy!

006-3.jpg

Intake behind headlight, got rid of the black hose that i got with the kit and replaced it with blue hoses and chrome pipes.

007-4.jpg

a very tight fit!

I know you're in Milton Keynes mate, but if it is back in time, whu don't you journey ooop this neck of the woods to the first Japan North event? ;)

All the best with the remainder of the fitting...

Jamie

dont see why not, im going to try and get to a few more LOC meets as the last one i went to was way back last year at Ace cafe! scince then the car has changed alot lol! will be good to meet some more members.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links