Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New IS200 owner questions

Just got my brand new IS200SE on Friday. Absolutely delighted with it, but have a couple of questions:

1. I note that the remote locking doesn't give you any audible confirmation - just the

indicator (turn signal) lights flash. I guess I'll get used to it, but initially feel it makes it hard to be sure if you've locked the car - particularly in bright

sunlight, and/or in noisy traffice areas where you can't hear the locks clunk in. Was told the USA version of the IS300 has ability for an audible sound to be enabled by the dealer. Anyone know if this option is available on UK models?

B) Cleaning the ALLOY WHEELS- Paid a couple of hundred quid extra to get the car treated with DiamondBrite protection - inside and out. Only frustration is they told me I mustn't wash the car for first 3 weeks to allow the treatment to bed in! Imagine that, having to accept my brand new pride and joy getting muckier and muckier when I'm desparate to wash it!! Oh well!!!

But in preparation for when I can wash it, I'm interested to get any recommendations re protecting and cleaning the alloy wheels. I understand some of the cleaners that remove brake dust might be a bit nasty and could actually damage my alloys. So what's the preferred choice of cleaner for the alloys? Also, is there any sort of protective treatment you can apply to the alloys to lessen the affects of dirt/brake dust and keep them in tip-top condition?

Appreciate any comments.

hi guitareth,

welcome to the club! i know exactly what you mean about the alarm, it is a bit of a pain in the arse,im speaking to my dealer tomo so will find out if its possible.

As for cleaning the alloys, i just use dish wash liquid and hot water, but i do that about 2 times a week so its really easy to keep clean, i have found that a lot of dirt comes from rust from the rotors( front especially) just after washing only. I have tried wonder wheels but wasnt impressed.

well thats my 0.02P worth.

robbie.

welcome to the club guitareth! Also to Iain Pye! :)

Hope to see more of you both in the future!

:)

By the way.. there is a meeting on the 30th of March... should be really good fun as there are 60 of us attending... please feel free to come along... more info here

http://www.teamlexus.co.uk/html/article.ph...=&order=&thold=

here is a small form to fill out so we know how many people are coming: http://www.teamlexus.co.uk/meeting.htm

cheers

Steve

[Edited on 13-3-2002 by Administrator]

Got my new IS200SE last week, I also didn't like the virtually silent central locking at first. Spent first few days peering in the window to double check red light was on! But now I've relaxed and i just listen for the two clicks as I set the double lock!

Can I throw in a question? Is there not an initial 1500 mile service? Or does it not need to go back to the dealer until 10,000 miles?

By the way, initial impressions :-

Love it to death !!

Got Scarlatti Red - looks great

Handles great. Audio system sounds great!

Only niggles....

6 Speed Box takes a bit of getting used to.

Plus it's easy in first few days to end up in reverse.When at junctions etc thank *** for the bleep! But after a few days, I've worked it all out and it hasn't happened since!

Seats are a bit solid for someone who's come

from a standard saloon. Did a 550 mile trip at the weekend and was getting back ache the day after. But again, I've found the best position now !

I've been easing it in as per handbook. But I'm about to let loose this week as i'll hit the 1000 mile mark. Looking forward to that.

General view, really glad I got it. Was thinking of a Volvo S60, saw one yesterday doesn't look half as good as the Lexus!

Can I throw in a question? Is there not an initial 1500 mile service? Or does it not need to go back to the dealer until 10,000 miles?

No, the 10k service is the first one. You might want to look at this thread;

http://www.teamlexus.co.uk/forums/viewthread.php?tid=240