Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus Map Updates

• 4 months later...

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Has anyone ordered any updates?

I have a late 2001 IS200 the map updates website is showing pz485-x01eu-07 as the latest disc.

Does anyone know of you get postcode entry on the updated disc?

The 2007-2008 disk I got for my 1998 LS400 is excellent, but does not do postcodes. It has COMPLETE UK coverage and does not drop you off "in the vicinity" of your destination, but instead guides you all the way there. It does do house numbers. Lots of good POIs as well.

I have a late 2001 IS200 the map updates website is showing pz485-x01eu-07 as the latest disc.

The 2007-2008 disk I got for my 1998 LS400 is excellent, but does not do postcodes. It has COMPLETE UK coverage and does not drop you off "in the vicinity" of your destination, but instead guides you all the way there. It does do house numbers. Lots of good POIs as well.

Thanx Chewbakker, I'm a Lil confused don't if i should rip out the original navi and fit with one that does postcode searches or Update the original and just live with not being able to search by postcode... Hmmmmm Decisions

Thanx Chewbakker, I'm a Lil confused don't if i should rip out the original navi and fit with one that does postcode searches or Update the original and just live with not being able to search by postcode... Hmmmmm Decisions

Remember, before you do anything major, that postcodes only give you the general locality and often cover a number of roads. For instance where I live my postcode covers 5 different roads (3 of them cul-de-sacs - or should that be culs-de-sac? :winky: )

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...
I have just ordered a 2007-2008 update disk for the Lexus CD based SatNav in my 1998 LS 400 from

http://www.cheaptoyotaparts.co.uk/

It cost £89.00 delivered.

Chewy.

Thank you very much for this information. My local Toyota / Lexus dealer had no idea how to help. Lexus UK were not able to help much either. Therefore, you can imagine the depth of my gratitude to you for this information. I have ordered an update disk. The price has leapt to £119 excluding postage! Credit crunch!!!

Best regards

Femi

:whistling:

• 3 months later...

I just bought an '07 RX 400h from the UK and imported it to Cyprus. Navigation maps includes UK/Europe but NOT Cyprus or Greece :angry: Does anyone know if there are any updates to include Cyprus and if yes where they ncan be purchased?

Thanx

I just bought an '07 RX 400h from the UK and imported it to Cyprus. Navigation maps includes UK/Europe but NOT Cyprus or Greece :angry: Does anyone know if there are any updates to include Cyprus and if yes where they ncan be purchased?

Thanx

Try eBay - I got a more up to date DVD from there then sold my old one.

Malc

Thanx

Try eBay - I got a more up to date DVD from there then sold my old one.

Malc

Thanx Malc I'll give it a try

• 2 months later...

• 5 months later...
  • 9 months later...

Has anyone tried using a 'back-up' copy disc?

I tried to play an Mp3 DVD in mines and it wouldn`t play so I guess it`ll be the same for the NavDisc.

Anyone tried it for sure?

I`ve got the new edition winging it`s way to me now. 159 euros.ohmy.gif

I tried to play an Mp3 DVD in mines and it wouldn`t play so I guess it`ll be the same for the NavDisc.

The nav unit won't play MP3 DVDs anyway so not the most scientific test :whistling:

Obviously this is up to you and I'm not in any way condoning it, but I'm pretty sure "backup" discs do work as I'm sure I've read US members having done it. The harder thing is actually finding the required file with Europe mapping on it.

The nav unit won't play MP3 DVDs anyway so not the most scientific test whistling.gif

Obviously this is up to you and I'm not in any way condoning it, but I'm pretty sure "backup" discs do work as I'm sure I've read US members having done it. The harder thing is actually finding the required file with Europe mapping on it.

Hi Parthiban,

Can you elaborate on the Euro mapping part please.

I thought I would just do a straight copy of the disc and away I went. I did this with the Pioneer disc I have in my Supra. I`d rather use a back-up copy and keep the original in good nick. Problem with my Pioneer though is the disc is in and out a lot, switching between music and DVDs so gets scratched rather quickly. I realise I wouldn`t have that problem with the Lex though. It`ll seldom be out of the slot, if at all.

Speaking from memory, I thought the handbook says the system played Mp3s but maybe not of the DVD - variety (minus). Only DVD + (Plus) and this was a - disc.

I'm not sure if there's a little confusion here, but you do know the nav unit is separate to the slot under your screen on the dash?

The main 6 slot drive on the dash is for playing CDs, etc. The only thing it doesn't play is MP3 on DVD as they haven't allowed that to work. However it will happily play copied DVDs, whether they be video DVDs or audio DVDs (DVD-A). This is the solution many use, and that is to burn MP3s to a DVD as video rather than just dragging and dropping MP3 files.

Going to the nav side of things, I thought you were implying that you wanted to find an ISO file of the disc on the internet and burn it to a disc and use that. And that is where I meant you might find difficulty, as it's hard to find the ISO file for the Europe DVD, the North America one is very easily available. If you just want to just make a copy of the disc you have and use the copy to prevent damage to the original then that should be fine, I'm sure others have done that before.

I'm not sure if there's a little confusion here, but you do know the nav unit is separate to the slot under your screen on the dash?

The main 6 slot drive on the dash is for playing CDs, etc. The only thing it doesn't play is MP3 on DVD as they haven't allowed that to work. However it will happily play copied DVDs, whether they be video DVDs or audio DVDs (DVD-A). This is the solution many use, and that is to burn MP3s to a DVD as video rather than just dragging and dropping MP3 files.

Going to the nav side of things, I thought you were implying that you wanted to find an ISO file of the disc on the internet and burn it to a disc and use that. And that is where I meant you might find difficulty, as it's hard to find the ISO file for the Europe DVD, the North America one is very easily available. If you just want to just make a copy of the disc you have and use the copy to prevent damage to the original then that should be fine, I'm sure others have done that before.

Thanks buddy.

Yes, I`m aware of the separate slot for the NavDisc and also my intention is to use a back-up copy if it`ll play it. I cant` say for certain if it`ll work yet as I`m away from home and the software I use is at home so will be Sept/Oct before I can try it out. I got the disc sent to me here in Kent.

I`m glad to hear it plays copy films though as I very seldom buy originals. Naughty I know but hey-ho. Anyway, most of the DVDs I play are recorded direct from TV so my conciense is clear msn-wink.gif

No probs, didn't mean to cause any offence. Know it sounded stupid when I said it but wasn't sure whether to make it clear or not :) But yeah the problem with MP3s is not because they're copied, for some reason Lexus haven't given it the software to be able to play MP3s off a DVD.

No probs, didn't mean to cause any offence. Know it sounded stupid when I said it but wasn't sure whether to make it clear or not smile.gif But yeah the problem with MP3s is not because they're copied, for some reason Lexus haven't given it the software to be able to play MP3s off a DVD.

No offence taken buddy biggrin.gif

yeah, it seems a bit daft but perhaps Lex can come up with a fix for this on their next generation boogie boxes. Luckily I have an 'Aux' port so most of my music pleasure comes through that.

hi,yes got my map updates two weeks ago - pz445-x01eu-09 - 08927-00956,86271-70v992,2009-2010 ver 1 cost £139.No it does not have post code entry.

hi,yes got my map updates two weeks ago - pz445-x01eu-09 - 08927-00956,86271-70v992,2009-2010 ver 1 cost £139.No it does not have post code entry.

I've never updated my DVD as I haven't really needed to so still on the original 2001 disc. Are there any differences with the new ones or is it identical except for the updated map?

I've never updated my DVD as I haven't really needed to so still on the original 2001 disc. Are there any differences with the new ones or is it identical except for the updated map?

One difference I`ve noted on the latest version is that when you input your destination it will offer up alternative routes so you can select which one suits you best.

One difference I`ve noted on the latest version is that when you input your destination it will offer up alternative routes so you can select which one suits you best.

Do you mean the "quick", "short" or "alternative" routes or does it offer different options?