Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus Map Updates

I've never updated my DVD as I haven't really needed to so still on the original 2001 disc. Are there any differences with the new ones or is it identical except for the updated map?

I updated to 2009 map disc on my GS S3 - it now allows destination entry while rolling.

hi,yes got my map updates two weeks ago - pz445-x01eu-09 - 08927-00956,86271-70v992,2009-2010 ver 1 cost £139.No it does not have post code entry.

I've never updated my DVD as I haven't really needed to so still on the original 2001 disc. Are there any differences with the new ones or is it identical except for the updated map?

Hi yes there are a few differences and updated maps espeacially as a lot of roads/estates,p.o.i's that did not exist 8/9 years ago have since been built.

• 3 weeks later...

hi,yes got my map updates two weeks ago - pz445-x01eu-09 - 08927-00956,86271-70v992,2009-2010 ver 1 cost £139.No it does not have post code entry.

Hi yes there are a few differences and updated maps espeacially as a lot of roads/estates,p.o.i's that did not exist 8/9 years ago have since been built.

Hi all,

Just joined Forum. Have an R reg. LS400 obtained cheaply. My merc is getting too rusty so Lexus will do me for a couple of years which is all I expect to have. Will probably have to fork out some £8/900 for repairs.

SatNav is obviously out of date but am unwilling to pay the £120 dealer wants. Probably will use instaled unless I can get one a lot cheaper. Any ideas anyone please?

Hi all,

Just joined Forum. Have an R reg. LS400 obtained cheaply. My merc is getting too rusty so Lexus will do me for a couple of years which is all I expect to have. Will probably have to fork out some £8/900 for repairs.

SatNav is obviously out of date but am unwilling to pay the £120 dealer wants. Probably will use instaled unless I can get one a lot cheaper. Any ideas anyone please?

hi,if your sat nav has a disc find where it is,take it out,see what year it is and write down the disc numbers.Then input the numbers at the lexus mapupdates(i think it will be pinned here soon) and see what it numbers gives you for your update disc.You could then decide whether to buy it or go for a slightly older disc update eg 06 or 07 etc.Hope this helpps.

Hi all,

hi,if your sat nav has a disc find where it is,take it out,see what year it is and write down the disc numbers.Then input the numbers at the lexus mapupdates(i think it will be pinned here soon) and see what it numbers gives you for your update disc.You could then decide whether to buy it or go for a slightly older disc update eg 06 or 07 etc.Hope this helpps.

Thanks for prompt & helpful reply.

• 5 months later...

Hi,

I just purchased an IS250C SEL MM ACC/PCS which was registered in March 2010.

It has 2009 version of the Hard Disk software.

Does anybody know a lower cost option to get this updated to 2010-11 software, as it doesn't do full UK postcodes.

Having had a TomTom in my previous IS250 SR, I see this as a small step backwards in the "finding places" game.

I stand corrected. After speaking with the dealer, it turns out I do have full UK Postcode navigation. It's on page 2 of 2 on the Destination screen... D'oh.

Much happier now, as my first couple of navigations without using this feature got me close to the destination but with a large margin of error and guess work.

Just for reference, the Map Data I have is 2008-2009 Ver 1 and Gracenote (CDDB): Ver 01029

I'll save upgrading for the time being.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi Guys

A quick question. I have a 2006 gs 300 se with MMS and sat nav. I have the older version of the map disc. A new one is available. PArt number pz445x03eu -10

Now will this update allow me to operate my nav unit whilst the car is moving because currently I have to come to a complete stop before I can reprogramme the GPS.

Furthermore, will it override the movement restriction (for want of a better term) on my viewing folders whilst the car is moving? I know it is a bit silly for the driver to do so but there is no reason why a passenger cannot do so safely.

My local lexus dealer says that it cannot be done and is unsure about the dvd upgrade making any difference to either.

Any experiences?

Thanks

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest bigbullhead

So does E15 updated disc allow the passenger to change the destination on the move and what's your views on buying a disc from Poland it says it's an original but not in package would you risk it ??

• 7 months later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I've just updated to version E14(2011) from the original 2006 disc. There are a few differences in the maps, and now i can input destinations whilst on the move.

Bought my new disc on eBay for £61.99 for a set of four discs.

Argento, the update is via DVD. You should have a DVD drive behind the clock display underneath your stereo. You will need a thin screwdriver or an Allen key to poke into the two holes release the display - very easy to do. When you take the disc out of your system you will find the part number on the disc. You can then input the number into this website which will tell you the disc you need and price: http://www.lexus-mapupdates.eu/Shop/Index

I found an original disc on eBay.de for around half the price

Gaz31, thanks very much.

I believe mine is an HDD system.

I've never seen a sat nav DVD

I've had the car from new.

That link is interesting isn't it.

I didn't know that existed.

Very slick.

It gave me:

"Please visit your local authorized retailer who will be happy to assist you if you wish to obtain an update for your system.

To know whether an update for your system is available, please check your current map data and Gracenote Media Database versions by completing the next simple steps:

To confirm the map data and Grace-note Media Database (CDDB) version push the "NAVI" button.

Then touch the "Map data" icon on screen.

Following screen appears :

Data 2013-05-1

Gracenote (CDDB): Ver. 03754 "

I think this is telling me that any date earlier than 2013-05-1, means that an update is available.

Would you agree?

I'll go out and have a look at the screen in the car tomorrow.

It's looking like a dealer job isn't it? £180 ...... :~( BH

Argento

ah OK then i see, you have the later HDD version. As far as i know it looks like the only option is a dealer update. Do you think it is really necessary? Your map would probably be 2010, not too bad really. Mine was terrible but it was from 2005 on a 2007 car!

Gaz31, <Do you think it is really necessary?>

Probably not I suppose.

Just nice to know you've got the latest version.

When I've raised the subject with dealers before, they don't seem to be that interested.

I got the impression not many owners went for an update.

The company car lot probably would not be allowed to I suppose.

After what Rileys1 is going through (Audio / Nav Frustration

Started by Rileys1, Oct 12 2013 10:31 AM), it makes you wonder if the dealers are capable of not messing it up!

<Your map would probably be 2010, .... >

Yes, that's right.

The "Map data" screen is showing:

"Data: 2010 - 2011 Ver. 2

Grace note (CDDB) : Ver. 02421

Contact your dealer for the latest map information. "

When I touch "Data update" on that screen, it gives:

"Map data update

Connect the device for updating.

Updating the map involves a cost.

This process cannot be cancelled after starting this operation.

Pressing the 'I agree" button will start the update. "

Pretty scary, don't you think? :-)

Argento

• 3 years later...