Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi

I am going to look at a 2001 Y LS430 tomorrow. It has done 55k miles and is for £16000. What sort of things should I look for and be aware of?

It is at a main dealer what sort of techniques could I use to get a better price?

Thanks

Hi

I am going to look at a 2001 Y LS430 tomorrow. It has done 55k miles and is for £16000. What sort of things should I look for and be aware of?

It is at a main dealer what sort of techniques could I use to get a better price?

Thanks

Air suspension has been known to play up (if fitted) alloys can corrode, check closely and carefuly. Service history is a must imho. Obviously anything negative you find is a bargaining tool but I suspect a main dealer would put minor things right more over than reducing the price, but if you don't try you won't find out. Be prepared to walk away, it's amazing what the sight of a potential customer heading for the exit can do!

In your favour also is the fact these are not easy sell runaround type cars, there are only few potential buyers out there, if they have had it a while you might have more buyer power.

Best of luck.

Also check that the seats do in fact get cold.

Ensure there is no re-verb coming from BASS speaker on the back window sill.

Inspect the little tool-kit in the trunk and make sure all the little tools are there. The torch is usually missing.

Manuals are a pain to get afterwards, so be sure they are all there too.

Check that all doors close correctly (by vacuum).

A word of caution on pricing. Having just parted company with my 52 plate LS430 I am more than painfully aware that the bottom has dropped out of the market on these cars. I paid 25K just over a year ago and after trying to sell it privately with no luck I hawked it round three dealers and the best offer was 15K against the purchase of a new GS450H. Have a good trawl through the Lexus used car web site, for the money you are talking about you should be able to get something on a 51 or 02 plate.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links