Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Twisting Drivers Seat

Hi All

A problem has occured with my drivers seat...as I recline the back of the seat twists, and unfortunately, the position the seat is in when the back is straight is very uncomfortable.

I have looked at the back of the seat and it looks like it is removable.

Does anyone have any experience of this fault, or any sound advice on fixing it?

Cheers Stew

in reply to stews plead for advice,i also have a twisted drivers seat back, to make things worse, the base of the seat is also

slanting towards the drivers door,either the previous owner

was lop - sided,or there is obviously a problem.

like stew, i would like to hear from anyone who has encountered this problem,but most of all managed to overcome it?

• 1 month later...

i have same problem and have a bit of knowledge on auto electrics the cheapest option is to remove the seat and swap the left hand tilt motor for the rear up/down motor this allows recline but does not allow as much movement in the rise fall of the lower seat pad , but if like me you will have the seat at a set height and leave it there so not a problem :iraqi-info-minister:

I had a similiar problem with my Supra. When I stripped the seat, it was nothing more than a locating bolt that had fallen out but trapped itself within the seat assembly. I put it back together and everything was fine

:D