Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

My Supercharged Is 200 Sport

Well, many know that i had my s/c conversion done by Steve at Charlesworth yesterday.

I took a few piccies on a camera phone (forgot to charge my digi cam :blush: ) and thought i'd share with you all.

To be honest, the s/c is better than i thought it would be, it really does shift and if anyone has a spare 4 grand then buy one because they're SOOOOO much more fun than the standard IS.

Unfortunately the Prolex Katayama Strut brace doesn't clear the airbox, but i'm in the process of designing some new connections for it and am planning on having it run across where the standard air scoop meets the TTE airbox and mount in the usual place.

Only thing i will say is that this morning the clutch pedal was near the floor and hardly moved......found it to be an air lock and it needed to be bled (possibly forgot yesterday?)

Anyway, enjoy:

Piccy time fellas. Taken from camera phone so sorry if they look naff...

car on ramp

DSC00210a.jpg

bumper off and i/c being fitted

DSC00212.jpg

i/c fitted

DSC00219.jpg

manifold off for de-cat

DSC00217.jpg

manifold getting de-catted

DSC00216.jpg

manifold back on and s/c cradle fitted

DSC00221.jpg

crack out the blue samco hosing

DSC00220.jpg

clutch relocation kit fitted using blue hosing instead of crappy black stuff

DSC00226.jpg

s/c fully fitted with pipework and blue hosing sexualness

DSC00223.jpg

DSC00224.jpg

DSC00225.jpg

A decal i had custom made in the US and have had fitted for a while

P1010645.jpg

Any comments welcome fellas..........

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very nice mate.

Can i ask how did they decat the manifold?

Surely they didn't have time to cut it open and remove the cats and put it back together?

Stav

yep, that's what steve did. took a good old while to be honest.

basically, the heat shields are removed from the manifold. Then, a reasonably small window/door type section is removed. Following this, the pre-cat is chisseled out with a small drill bit for example. The whole thing was then blown clean with an air line and the door/window things welded back on. The heat shields were then replaced and the manifold fitted back to the car........makes a bit of a difference to a non de-catted s/c'd IS apparently....... :winky:

Fair enough. Cause i've got a spare manifold and i thought for a minute there may be an easier way to do it.

Have to try and find someone to do it now.

Stav

Mate you could do it yourself. it didn't look that complicated at all.

I could do it and that says a lot!!!

Also, you do run the risk of a pre-cat melting or dis-lodging under boost....

super colour..............

regards the spare manifold, if you can, have the cats completely removed, and new pipe welded in there place

why have another pipe put in mat?

welding it back up is fine and dandy is it not

as in removing completely the cat canister, and the resultant void replced with pipe of the same bore.the exhaust gas flow will be much smoother, as it wont have to fill the void in the canister that the cat once filled

Congrats on S/C mate. Makes a big difference done it?! Only problem is now I want more and the fuel costs are a little heavier! Glad you're happy dude

cheers kaz, appreciate it fella.

how's ur car doing matey? have to meet up some time mate and chat about cars, women and mobiles :lol: :lol:

Glad you're happy with it dude, have to admit I ragged the crap out of mine from the get go - can remember I was well chuffed with my new toy back then :)

Will see it around at some point soon!

Congrats on S/C mate. Makes a big difference done it?! Only problem is now I want more and the fuel costs are a little heavier! Glad you're happy dude

cheers kaz, appreciate it fella.

how's ur car doing matey? have to meet up some time mate and chat about cars, women and mobiles :lol: :lol:

Heya fella! Im ok mate, ticking along, not been on much of late due to one thing and another. The car is running ok, made the mistake of filling her up with normal 95ron petrol and she's running like a terd at the mo! That said, on the V-Power its another story! However im tempted to let her go and get something a little more practical....to be fair though been saying that for months.... :blush:

As for the mobiles mate, no longer in that line of business.....with the company I worked for you could say it was like p*ssing in the wind and after years of hard work and the usual bull from them I thought f**k it! :)

Defo have to meet up fella, sounds like a plan! Would have been at the JAE if the weather would have granted me permission! I know Rickos has a meet organised so will see if I can make it.

What other mods you got planned then? :D