Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

My Supercharged Is 200 Sport

sorry to hear about the job mate....but i'm sure u'll move on to bigger and better things.

As for what's next....that's the thing with one mod, it makes you want another!!its like a damn drug!!!

basically, i have something along the lines of this planned:

Rad Cooling Panel

Wind Deflectors

-35mm lowering springs

Uprgraded ARB's (possibly c-one, TTE or Cusco)

Cat-back exhaust

Styling Kit

Then, who knows. But was thinking about some custom paintwork under the hood :shifty: :winky:

Its all mucho expensive, especially the styling kit painted in the pearl finish paint, so it'll be an on going thing over the next year or so. I love it to be fair though.....the satisfaction you get from creating your own individual version of the car is immense!!

Get down on Sunday 5th and we'll have a natter.

@Aido, yea, i know the feeling mate. Everytime i hear the s/c whine i just wanna boot the cr@p out of it.lol!!!

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do the TTE Compressor stickers just need peeling off the backing plastic and sticking straight to the car? i.e not heat or anything to set the adhesive?

Yes Rob, just peel off :winky:

thought so matey but thought i'd best check as didn't want them flying off as i was driving :lol: :lol: :lol:

now i need to decide where i want the rear one to go.....i know most have it under the IS200 logo but i quite like the idea of in the middle below the number plate.....

went out for a spin earlier and i noticed that the exhaust (standard) seems to occasionally make a weird noise, almost like a burble.

any ideas???

also, after lifting the bonnet when i got home, with the car running, it seemed a little noisy near the main pulley area at the front. is this normal???

cheers in advance

rob

I stuck my stickies; (small) 1 either side above the door strips on the wings and the bigger one below where the IS200 badge is on the rear. I removed my IS200 badge and its great to see people point and ask what model IS it is..... :D

went out for a spin earlier and i noticed that the exhaust (standard) seems to occasionally make a weird noise, almost like a burble.

any ideas???

also, after lifting the bonnet when i got home, with the car running, it seemed a little noisy near the main pulley area at the front. is this normal???

cheers in advance

rob

anyone any ideas if the pulley noise is normal (as i really can't remember how it sounded straight after install).

also, any ideas on the exhaust?

you do get some noise with the supercharger

yea i'm thinking its just me being paranoid, lol.

as for the exhaust noise, a quick look underneath the car shows some corrosion on the backpipe and i wouldn't be surprised if there's a small hole. may need that uprated exhaust sooner than i thought :lol::whistling:

u do get rattles from the SC sometimes and it goes away when the idle is increased a bit, difficult to diagnose without hearing it - just try touching a few things and see if it stops to narrow down the area.

BUT WATCH OUT FOR YOUR FINGERS!!!!

i don't really wanna touch those pulleys - i will have no hand left :lol: :lol:

i'm pretty sure its from the pulley assay, but its not very loud at all, just sounds a little unusual. but then again, never had a s/c before so don't know if its normal or not.

just off to get the TTE Compressor badges fitted as couldn't be arsd to do it last weekend. :winky: :whistling:

haha, wasn't initially admiring, lol.

had to top up washer fluid and checked/tightened all jubilee clips. Decided to check them every weekend to make sure :)

gave it all a quick spruce up and decided where my TTE and lexus decals are going under the hood :shifty::whistling:

was also trying to work out a way of fitting the katayama brace, but it isn't easy at all :crybaby:

haha, wasn't initially admiring, lol.

had to top up washer fluid and checked/tightened all jubilee clips. Decided to check them every weekend to make sure :)

gave it all a quick spruce up and decided where my TTE and lexus decals are going under the hood :shifty::whistling:

was also trying to work out a way of fitting the katayama brace, but it isn't easy at all :crybaby:

Looking very nice Rob :winky:

I have cusco fitted to mine, with TTE airbox, just need small bit of rubber to stop it rubbing on the airbox at one side :winky:

cheers for the comments guys.

@Gord, to be honest mate, the prolex one looks the bizz and if i can sort a way of fittiing it then i'm gonna keep it....it cost enough, lol.

if not, will sell it and buy the cusco one....any idea on price for it??

cheers for the comments guys.

@Gord, to be honest mate, the prolex one looks the bizz and if i can sort a way of fittiing it then i'm gonna keep it....it cost enough, lol.

if not, will sell it and buy the cusco one....any idea on price for it??

£65 + P&P Second hand mate :winky: i have one next to me. lol

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links