bloofire

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

With a bit of luck we will have the suspension finished next week :)

Among the changes are full HKS Hipermax 2 suspension which has 30 way damping adjustment, full ride height adjustment and roller bearing top mounts B), full TRD suspension bushes, differential and sub frame mounts. What with the uprated anti roll bars already installed, I suspect that this baby will handle quite nicely thankyou :o

Zee, I'll let you know when Mat's old springs are ready.

Mark :)

• 2 weeks later...

Well, finally finished the suspension today - at last! I will add the piccies on the Blogg next week. We have also done some of the preparation of the engine, ie getting it looking half presentable.

It looks like it should be full steam ahead now as we have the human any time resources available, now that some of the other long term projects we have had in the pipeline are nearing fruition.

Mat's springs are ready and waiting fro you Mr Zee.

Mark :)

This week should see the permanent installation of the legendary HKS R Type front mounted intercooler B)

The S Type intercooler is only good for about 500hp so this was naturally discarded in favour of the righteously proportioned R Type which we have used in applications over 750hp :o

mark,

how we gonna reinstall the crash bar?

as the bar and intercooler are both ally, can the bar not be cut to fit either side of the intercooler and then welded, thereby also acting as a crashbar, and a means to support/mount the intercooler

:geek:

there isnt a way of doing it without changing the crash bar, or making a custom bar

i actually think the bar and intercooler becoming one entity is a viable option as you are killing 2 birds with 1 stone then

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry Guys, been mega busy and had a few days away.

The suspension is all done - i'll put the pictures on the Blog next week.

The engine is in (for a dry run) but is coming out again because we are waiting for the sump and engine mounts etc. Sadly some of the information we were given is incorrect so we have wasted a lot of time. Grrrrrrrrrrr.

Due to the above we did not get around to fitting the FMIC but should do next week.

That's all Folks!!

Well not Duff info, we just assumed............

the aristo was a clip that they used so was unable to make a accurate guess on year.......im assuming it was a MK2 Aristo, as the MK1 is based on a supra anyway

the sump, we have now decided on using a is300 as its known the supra sump doesnt fit.....we didnt know this at the start, and the aristo sump still needs modifying..........

the sump parts are here..just waiting on the engine mounts, which have to come from Japan.

However Mark the wiring diagrams........and the book should help, if you use the Autronic.....and the book will help if you use the HKS.

has a decision been made on which yet, knowing my thoughts?

these are the problems when doing such conversions....ah hum

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links