Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Headlight Bulbs? Which Ones Please

dibsLPG

Headlight bulbs? Which ones please :crybaby:

About to get the Front End modified (bonnet, wings, Corner Spats, sports grill and eye brows etc..) subtle changes, so All I am after is some bulbs (Main, beam and Side lights) which will give the front a fresh look at night, (also thinking about Angle eyes kit has discussed on here also from feebay :winky: ) nothing blue or purple (coppers are very fussy round these parts :tsktsk: ).. Want bright white/bluish light without having to fork-out for a HID kit (yet) Any Experiences / types – makes to avoid and any places / recommendations please? :question:

Been on eBay and confused by the number of diff type of headlight bulbs available for the IS200??

Has usual your help / guidance is greatly appreciated. :D

Cheers

Dibslpg

B)

I agree with Aztecbandit1 ,

Autobulbs Direct have a shop on e-bay, and do a full set of

replacemen bulbs for the front ,Headlight Dipped,Headlight Main Beam,Sidelight.

LINK HERE

The bulbs you need are HB3 HB4 + 501W . I have a set on my IS200 from them

and they work great (about £14.99 + P+P£3.50).

I have upgraded my sidelight 501W bulbs to LEDs I bought from eBay (hong kong)

but I'm sure the ones you get in the kit are ok too.

These Headlight bulbs give a nice ICE White HID effect (but bulbs look Blue...go figure)

and I am happy to recommend these guys as I have bought from them before.

Hope this helps ya.

have Philips blue vision in my full beams, they arent very blue or even white. Still standard yellow. I have yet to find a bulb that comes anywhere close to my HID colour

hi,mine are a whiter than standard bulb,whiter on the road.but like you say can't beat hid.

all down to how much you want to spend,or how much night driving you do. :)

I got a full set of dip beam, main beam and side lights Xenon bulbs from these guys on eBay. £9.95 + £2.99 delivery for the set. Very good deal and the Xenon side light bulbs really make a big difference to the appearance, giving nice white side lights to match the head lamps colour.

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/ACEparts-Performance-Lighting

Just for reference, Halfords wanted £14.99 if I remember correctly, just for one of the headlamp bulbs!!!

Headlight Bulbs? Which ones please :crybaby:

About to get the Front End modified (bonnet, wings, Corner Spats, sports grill and eye brows etc..) subtle changes, so All I am after is some bulbs (Main, beam and Side lights) which will give the front a fresh look at night, (also thinking about Angle eyes kit has discussed on here also from feebay :winky: ) nothing blue or purple (coppers are very fussy round these parts :tsktsk: ).. Want bright white/bluish light without having to fork-out for a HID kit (yet) Any Experiences / types – makes to avoid and any places / recommendations please? :question:

Been on ebay and confused by the number of diff type of headlight bulbs available for the IS200??

Has usual your help / guidance is greatly appreciated. :D

Cheers

Dibslpg

B)

does any one know which bulbs the front (fog) driving lights,i only ask as i have bought the autobulbs kit and you can really tell the difference between the 2

does any one know which bulbs the front (fog) driving lights,i only ask as i have bought the autobulbs kit and you can really tell the difference between the 2

It depends on the year as the newer is200's have an upgraded fog lamp, If yours is the older model like mine (2000-2004 :unsure: ??) you will need 9006/hb4 bulbs the same as your dip beam not sure on the bulbs for the upgraded fogs though?

• 1 month later...

Rather than start a whole new HID thread I thought I would just hi-jack this one instead :whistling:

I bought a set off eBay but I can't work out which bulb is which, I have 2 sets of HB4 (9006) 1 set of HB3 (9005) and a set of side lights. The thing thats mainly confusing me is why 2 sets of HB4's?

Did you buy all the sets or did they come as part of the same sale? Do you have a link at all?

Jamie

Bulbs

These are the ones I bought, put the side lights, HB4, HB3's on look nice, not to sue on the side lights. They have a blue tint on them which I think look a little tacky :unsure:

Still left with a set of HB4's???

Did you buy all the sets or did they come as part of the same sale? Do you have a link at all?

Jamie

Bulbs

These are the ones I bought, put the side lights, HB4, HB3's on look nice, not to sue on the side lights. They have a blue tint on them which I think look a little tacky :unsure:

Still left with a set of HB4's???

HB4's are for the fog lights :)

• 3 weeks later...

LINK HERE

I have upgraded my sidelight 501W bulbs to LEDs I bought from Ebay (hong kong)

These Headlight bulbs give a nice ICE White HID effect (but bulbs look Blue...go figure)

Hope this helps ya.

If I buy these, do I need any other kit to install them?

LINK HERE

Hope this helps ya.

Hello mate, No nothing else needed as there all direct replacement for the ones you have already fitted to your car. :D

LINK HERE

Hope this helps ya.

Hello mate, No nothing else needed as there all direct replacement for the ones you have already fitted to your car. :D

Good. What are those £90 kits doing on eBay? Are they for cars which aren't set up for halogens in the first place?

edit: I have a 2004 IS 200 SE. According to the owner's manual, the lights are HB3 and HB4. I assume the Autobulbs Direct set give a brighter light than the factory ones.

For your car you will need HB4 and HB3 for the Main/Dip headlamps plus the 501's for the side lights but being as your lex is a newer model they changed the fog lamp bulbs for another bulb of which i cant remember but will have a search for them? :)

Edit: from what i can find the bulbs for the newer model fog lights are H3?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links