Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Help Needed - Dashboard Lights

Hi all, I brought an IS200 last week. From what i can gather the lights behind the clocks have been changed from orange to blue.

For the last week everything has been fine not one thing i could fault, but the other night i was on my way home and the lights behind the rev counter started to blink.

I adjusted the dimmer and reduced the brightness and it stopped... turn it back up and it starts blinking again :unsure:

If it was my 3 series i'd of had the clocks out but being new to the lexus i dont feel confident about toying to much & wanna see if anyone has had a similar problem.

Would anyone advise putting the replacing the blue bulbs with standard again?

Thanks in advance

Is the car known to LOC do you know? Try ringing the previous owner and see what he/she says about it.

Welcome by the way :D

Keith

Got no idea if its known here... Brought the car from a dealer near my office. I've got no idea where he picked it up from.

Its the only evidence of a mod i can find on the car. Other than the blue lights the car is completely stock.

How simple is it to remove the clocks?

Not difficult to remove mate, and if I remember rightly the bulbs are all twist locks into the back so you don't have to open up the binnacle. Obviously this depends on how it was modded though.

Think I've got a guide on how to do it in my bookmarks on my home computer - will post a link up when I'm at home later on...

I dont believe its an eBay kit.

I couldn't see half my clocks last night so I took the clocks out this morning before work & it seems like the bulbs have been replaced with some cheapo LEDs.

I was having a browse last night and found this site DashLights.com - 509T / 286T Bulbs.

From what i've read they seem to be a direct replacement. Can anyone confirm that it is this type of bulb?

Cheers

Just a thought, but if its ok when you turn the brightness control down a little, but its not good when on full - could it be the little potentiometer that controls the brightness - i.e. whats behind this knob?

Sometimes the wiper section on them corrode a little if they remain in the same place forever.

Looking this picture, are the bulbs for the meters under that panel ? Approx how many or even better if someone can find a pic.

And are they all 5mm Twist Fit

Thanks

There are 20 bulbs in total.

bulb14.jpg

All of the bulbs circled in red are 5mm. The bulbs circled in green are 10mm.

I dismantled the clocks last night to see if there were any aditional bulbs that could be replaced but all i could find is what is highlighted on the pic above, so i'd assume that they would include the bulbs for the meters. But i could be wrong

I paid £1 a bulb. Hope this helps

Pretty much yes.

Theres 5 bulbs for the backround lighting. 2x 5mm and 3x 10mm.

Can someone confirm that ? cause i didnt change the bulbs yet...

Yup its those 5. When I changed mine they were the only bulbs that had been replaced with blue LED's.

All of the others were still clear.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
I just searched ultraleds.co.uk and aceparts.com, and i just cant find those 10mm twist-fit bulbs :duh:

509T stands for the 5mm twist-fit right ? So where to get 10mm ?

Thanks

You should be able to pull the 10mm bulbs out of the original twistlock holder and the new bulbs should be a push fit.

The 10mm bulbs are the same as the side lights. I got mine from a local car "bits & bobs" shop :unsure:

Have you made any contact with dashlights.co.uk to see if they can deliver to you?

I just searched ultraleds.co.uk and aceparts.com, and i just cant find those 10mm twist-fit bulbs :duh:

509T stands for the 5mm twist-fit right ? So where to get 10mm ?

Thanks

You should be able to pull the 10mm bulbs out of the original twistlock holder and the new bulbs should be a push fit.

The 10mm bulbs are the same as the side lights. I got mine from a local car "bits & bobs" shop :unsure:

Yeah i know it now, ordered from Superlumination.com

guess whos got a friend thats a prodution manager in a miniture light bulb factory :whistling::whistling:

guess whos gonna try and have a blue dash :whistling:

will the climate bit too if i can do the dash !

DSC0379.jpg

LMAO....does that mean your gonna negotiate for an LOC discount for any1 else wanting bulbs :winky: :shifty::whistling: