Cars As Objects?

WylieCoyote

Object or not?  

45 members have voted

1. 1. Select one...

• A car is just a lump of metal that gets you around
    • A car is a living thing, each having it's own personality and character

Hmmm, an interesting subject indeed.

To me, yes a car is mechanical and transportation is its purpose, but each car has individual characteristics - in its driving, handling and reaction to drivers other than the owner lol :)

Often wondered what would happen if you mixed DNA with the initial build, if you could recreate Christine :D ;)

Jamie :P

Or in Wylie's case not Christine but Steve! :D

If a car was just a lump of metal why would we give them names??

I think a true car enthusiast see's the car as an extension of their personality and most people judge you from what car you drive!

For instance when i say Vauxhall Nova and then Lexus IS200 you think of two completely different people, if a car was just a lump of metal you wouldnt think of anything!!

I rest my case :lol:

• 2 months later...

Is Rikos female?......coz only girls name their cars.

I was thinking the same :tomato:

Primarily I see it as a lump of metal, although it is a piece of metal I do take good care of, and take pride in. After the kids and the house, it is the most expensive single item that I have bought, so it deserves to be looked after almost as well as the kids.

If you think cars have a personality you're in a poor mental state yourself. Have you given your computer a name too? Not dating a Tom Tom are you? Anything that seems to talk to you may present a major problem so for goodness sake don't buy a second generation IS with MM. :lol:

Sorry, it may just be me as I'm a Mechanical Engineer....but I'm pretty sure I haven't fathered anything other than my son and daughter. ;)

First things first no i'm not female, secondly i havent named my car so not too sure where you got that from!!!! :duh:

Also, i dont think my car is living and no i'm not humping the exhaust! I just think a car is more than a piece of metal, if this was true why did you all by a lexus and not a cheaper piece of metal? :unsure:

And just in case there was any confusion i've never woke up after a drunken night (or sober one) with anything that needs batteries or gets plugged into the mains :P