Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is200 Battery

The Battery in my car went totally afew months back and a mate of mine got me one from a scrappers but thats going now too (everytime the fan starts up when the cars idling the stereo cuts out as well as when i cranck up the volume!).

Any recomendations? I have zero money at the minute and nothing coming in because of work so they need to be considerate to the pocket too :winky:

Do quick fit still offer free Battery checks too??

The battery in my car went totally afew months back and a mate of mine got me one from a scrappers but thats going now too (everytime the fan starts up when the cars idling the stereo cuts out as well as when i cranck up the volume!).

Any recomendations? I have zero money at the minute and nothing coming in because of work so they need to be considerate to the pocket too :winky:

Do quick fit still offer free battery checks too??

Isn't it possible to get some of those Battery tabs which you put in the Battery. They dissolve to give it some life again ?

Hope its not your alternator. Have you or anyone close by got a multimeter to check ?

You could always put that spoiler up for auction on eBay and buy something really useful like a new Battery :tomato: :D

It shouldnt come to that Rik, but cheers anyway. :)

I'll wang it on charge tonight and see how it goes, it still works so i dont think it is the alternator otherwise it would have packed up totally and the car probably wouldnt start.

Lee - Nover heard of anything like that, i know the old old battery's could be topped up with ionised water but didnt think it would be possible with these.

Tango - The spoiler's a Lexus colour and from the response of people on here i doubt anyone would now buy it. I think i'd make more buy consoladating all the wise crack's ive heard on here over the past couple of months and publishing them :lol:

is it doesnt hold a charge or can not even cope with small loads then dont even bother doing anything with it except taking it to the skip.

Bosch asia silver - enought said!

and PLEASE PLEASE to make life easier for yourself get a maintenance free Battery.

is it doesnt hold a charge or can not even cope with small loads then dont even bother doing anything with it except taking it to the skip.

Bosch asia silver - enought said!

and PLEASE PLEASE to make life easier for yourself get a maintenance free battery.

not too sure, its only today when i was waiting to pick someone up i noticed that the stereo cut out when the fan kicked in. but its been cutting out for a while whenever i turn the volume up.

any idea as to price's or where to get one from??

65Ah and DIN 250 means:

65Ah refers to the power capacity of the Battery - eg it can supply a load of 1 amp for 65hours or a 65 amp load for 1 hour

DIN250 refers to the Battery size, terminal placement and terminal polarity

all just for info of course!

but make sure it is a maintenance free version AKA " fit and forget" and that it is actually 65AH!

sorted, £41.40 plus VAT from Lex. Cheaper than Kwik Fit, National, Andrew Page, Halfords and the local parts supplier!!!

If only i had known that at the time when i needed a new one! thought Halfords was a rip off so i bought an orange top ultima version for a few quid more :crybaby: