Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Custom Front Bumper And Custom Carbon Kit Just Finished.

Hi folks,

I haven't posted any progress on the ISupra conversion in a long while as the car has been away for the last 4 agonising months to get a custom bumper made to accomodate the intercooler and I also got some carbon bits made up too.

I now have....

carbon side splitter sections on the front bumper

carbon skirts (visage skirts remoulded in carbon with the rear vents blanked off)

TRD rear skirt covered in carbon.

I am still waiting on my rear spoiler being finished which is the TRD lip spoiler but it has been modified and is also being done in carbon. The headlight eyebrows will soon be carbon too.

What yous think???

the pics are a bit dull due to it getting dark when I got round to taking them.

dsc00016jx7.jpg

dsc00016jx7.109658eed0.jpg

dsc00017uz6.jpg

dsc00017uz6.ab5d141195.jpg

dsc00019yk5.jpg

dsc00018ih9.jpg

dsc00020ke1.jpg

dsc00022dy7.jpg

dsc00021qo9.jpg

dsc00021qo9.8fec6d774e.jpg

dsc00023yj5.jpg

dont like the bumper at all sorry - far too flat sided IMO

Sorry, I'm in agreement here. Bumper spoils the car completely. Looks like it's got a big gaping mouth at the front - like one of those bottom feeder fish. Eww! Just my opinion

As long as you're happy, that's the main thing.

Keith

dont like the bumper at all sorry - far too flat sided IMO

Sorry, I'm in agreement here. Bumper spoils the car completely. Looks like it's got a big gaping mouth at the front - like one of those bottom feeder fish. Eww! Just my opinion

As long as you're happy, that's the main thing.

Keith

All comments welcome but the whole idea of the custom bumper is to have a large intake for the intercooler. The more air to the cooler the better. But then i suppose it can't be to everyones taste.

I think it all looks really good, I feel that where the grille is it needs something to finish it off, the intercooler part is cool.

I like what the older M3's had, where the M3 colours are colour coded into a mesh...this could be done with the TRD colours into the mesh of a grille?

It looks very intimidating, I would be scared if you was behind me :D :driving:

I like it... :D.... wheres the no.plate going?

think the rear needs something to balance the look though.... especially from the side as you have aggressive front and then normal rear, needs something.... imho

think the rear needs something to balance the look though.... especially from the side as you have aggressive front and then normal rear, needs something.... imho

The Spoiler will be going on.

Will the Spoiler be like the one thats on the Monster?

looking good mate!

Think it needs something where the grill would go! and also i think the rear lip should be modified to fit lower so that the lines follow more smoothly from front-side-rear :tomato:

And also, it might just be me, but the larger hole where the grill should go. the hole looks lower on the right hand side :crying: or is it just because of the angle of the photo's??? :unsure:

apart from that she looks sweet!

Jason :P

I think it looks the dogs whatsists!! :D

Certainily not subtle and not something I would do to a day-to-day car, but on yours it looks spectacular!! :lol: Are you going to cover the intercooler with some kind of mesh or grill to protect it?

Have you noticed a difference? I have just fitted a similar bumper along with an induction and i find my car coolant temp is down 1 stroke on the guage

The car is actually overheating at the minute but only due to some cooling issues. for eg; one of my spal fans was wired up in reverse so was operating in reverse lol. easily sorted though.

The Spoiler will be going on.

Will the Spoiler be like the one thats on the Monster?

I am going to fit removable brackets for the number plate so I can have it on for daily driving but take it off for shows and trackdays etc etc. I don't like the look of the number plate on the front.

The spoiler is a custom job. It is basically the TRD lip spoiler but it has been extended further out and it also flicks up slightly too so that it looks somewhat purposeful now instead of just a styling point.

looking good mate!

Think it needs something where the grill would go! and also i think the rear lip should be modified to fit lower so that the lines follow more smoothly from front-side-rear :tomato:

And also, it might just be me, but the larger hole where the grill should go. the hole looks lower on the right hand side :crying: or is it just because of the angle of the photo's??? :unsure:

apart from that she looks sweet!

Jason :P

As for the grill, I know that it needs attention mainly due to the mesh that was used. It is only a very fine light mesh as thats all I could get at short notice. I will be fitting some denser black mesh asap to sort that prob.

The TRD rear lip does look to high in that photo compared to the side skirt but it doesn't give that effect in the flesh. The rear is supposed to be slightly higher than the side anyway.

And yeah it is just my dodgy photo taking that makes the front look lob sided LOL.

That looks sooo menacing it's unreal! I think overall you've done a cracking job with the carbon fibre molding and it seems to be flawless from the pictures - unless you wish to confess :P

No, I'm really a fan of that - well done :)

Jamie

The whole kit was done by a guy over called Chris Gaw. He does a fantastic job and spends a lot of time getting it right. There are 1 or 2 tiny little insignificant flaws that were noticed before the kit was fitted but I would struggle to find them again now.

I think it looks the dogs whatsists!! :D

Certainily not subtle and not something I would do to a day-to-day car, but on yours it looks spectacular!! :lol: Are you going to cover the intercooler with some kind of mesh or grill to protect it?

The intercooler will be left open to maximise airflow mate.

Looks o.k,

but i agree with the comments above, mainly about the top grill. Get something in their so i doesnt look so open.. and lose the eybrows :S

other than that it looks cool

I also need new headlights as the current ones have been split apart a few times are are only fit for the bin now. I have been debating with myself whether or not to re-fit the eyebrows to the new light but if I do they will be carbon eyebrows and not just painted.

Anyway, Thanks for all the comments guys, good and bad. I will post more pics when I get the spoiler on.

hi where did you get you dual exit exhaust system? and how much was it as i want a full dual exit system for mine

@Tyrone: its a customs made exhaust system Gav made himself i think

looks savage mate, wish i had of been able to meet up with you last weekend when i was up that way! Ah maybe next time!!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links