Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Pwr Button

Doesn't the difference between normal and power mode also depend on how you drive in normal mode? i.e. If you drive with your foot always planted in standard mode, the ecu learns how you drive and changes responses in the gearbox. So the more heavy footed you are, the closer the power and normal modes will appear.

Doesn't the difference between normal and power mode also depend on how you drive in normal mode? i.e. If you drive with your foot always planted in standard mode, the ecu learns how you drive and changes responses in the gearbox. So the more heavy footed you are, the closer the power and normal modes will appear.

Yes, I think you're right. The 'box learns how you drive anyway, so if you're always stamping on one pedal to make it go, and the other to make it stop, it won't make much difference.

when i first bought my 300, i never used the pwr button, but now i have it on all the time...notice no differnece in fuel consumption....prefer it in pwr mode to be honest.

shows what a big wimp i am then doesn't it! :blush: i was convinced MPG would fall thru the fall with it on all the time... mind you, when i first had a tumble dryer - the elec meter whizzing around so fast nearly gave me a bad turn, soon got over that tho! :whistling:

• 3 weeks later...

ive got an auto is200 aswell and also noticed this problem but read a few posts on this site and decided to wipe my ecu all i done was remove the live from the Battery for about two mins then replaced it only thing you have to do after that is redo your clock and stereo then drive your car if you boot your car around all the time then carry on i always leave my power button on but i booted my car around with it on and off it was an improvment from how it was when i bought it

thanks

wayne

As said above, the PWR setting affects only the ECT (Electronically Controlled Transmission).

-- at partial throttle the gear changes occur at higher revs (no difference at full throttle)

-- down changes occur at a lower throttle opening

-- torque converter lock/unlock occurs at a lower throttle opening

In other words, the gearbox is just more sensitive.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links