Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

right spoke to service dept. and its the EGR (Exhaust Gas Recirulation) pipe that was replaced..apparantly there was a blockage...i also note on my invoice two other items:

radiator, aircon L87050-30160 @ £655.13

amplifier assy L88650-53112 @ £313.27

was included but not actually charged anyone know what they are?

Well one sounds like the AC Radiator - did you have any problems with the AC in the car, or any leaks?

The 2nd one - summit to do with the sound system? Again - did you have any problems?

What really worries me is that so many diesels are having these valves and pipes replaced due to blockages...doesn't bode well for those who have originals which fail after warranty...

I know it's not a safety issue, but should there not be a recall? There is a risk that these cars could break down at any time, go into limp mode etc....????

Well one sounds like the AC Radiator - did you have any problems with the AC in the car, or any leaks?

The 2nd one - summit to do with the sound system? Again - did you have any problems?

What really worries me is that so many diesels are having these valves and pipes replaced due to blockages...doesn't bode well for those who have originals which fail after warranty...

I know it's not a safety issue, but should there not be a recall? There is a risk that these cars could break down at any time, go into limp mode etc....????

i did complain of a musty smell when car starting up from the aircon and puddles of water below car when parked after long journeys.

i didnt have any problems with the sound system though

Musty smell is fungus in your air con ...... to avoid it in the first place you need to ensure your air con / climate runs pretty much all the time, or you run it for ten minutes on hot and full power just before you finish driving and get out.

To get rid of the problem you have two choices :

1) Run air con hot and fast for circa 15 - 20 minutes a few times to cook the fungus

2) Get an anti bacterial aerosol from Halfrauds ....... thrush cream for your car !!!!!!!

Puddle is, I would guess, usual with aircon in such wet & damp atmospheric conditions as we are currently experiencing.