Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Trying To Get Radio To Mute With Car Kit

Hi guys,

Fitted a Nokia CK7W Bluetooth kit in my car yesterday with the help of a mate who fits them in police cars. We got everything working (didn't bother trying to put sound through stereo just tucked nokia speaker under the top of the dash.) but couldn't figure out the muting. Mate tested a few pins on the back of the stereo and found 2 that muted the sound but nothing came up on the display. He then rung a friend of his who installs car kits everyday, and he said that he never bothers muting toyota/lexus stereo because they're always hassle.

Has anyone got a definate answer to which wire does it.

My stereo is the top loading one.

Cheers guys

(PS hansfree is brilliant in such a quiet car like the Lexus)

Hi guys,

Fitted a Nokia CK7W bluetooth kit in my car yesterday with the help of a mate who fits them in police cars. We got everything working (didn't bother trying to put sound through stereo just tucked nokia speaker under the top of the dash.) but couldn't figure out the muting. Mate tested a few pins on the back of the stereo and found 2 that muted the sound but nothing came up on the display. He then rung a friend of his who installs car kits everyday, and he said that he never bothers muting toyota/lexus stereo because they're always hassle.

Has anyone got a definate answer to which wire does it.

My stereo is the top loading one.

Cheers guys

(PS hansfree is brilliant in such a quiet car like the Lexus)

The IS200 does not have a feature to display that the phone is been muted the *Tel-Mute* feature was only introduced with the launch of the IS220-IS250

Is this the post you mean

http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/ind...showtopic=44845

If so it only says for the bottom loading one.

I found another post from even earlier before I posted, and it just said grey wire, but because I found 2 pins that muted the stereo, I just wanted confirmation on what pin. My mates friend in the trade said that hes tried in the past and ony managed to get distorion on the left side with one of the pins and distorton on the right with the other, But I don't know wether he was thinking we were trying to get the phone through the stereo.

Thanks

Gazza