Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Resetting Vsc Light On Ls430

I took my LS430 into the main dealer today and they advised that it would take 2 new oxygen sensors to put out the engine management light.

Unfortunately, before I took the car to the main dealer, an auto electrician plugged his laptop into the car and set off the Check VSC light.

The main dealer now tells me that there is ABS/steering fault with the car and they have been unable to reset the Check VSC light and need to have the car in for diagnosis and this is likely to cost a fortune in labour charges. I'm gutted I took the car to the auto electrician as if I didn't I would have this Check VSC problem.

Has anyone else had this problem of a Check VSC light coming up after an independent's laptop.

I'd greatly appreciate any advice so I can let the main dealer know what is likely to have caused the problem.

There definitely seems to a be a lesson here - trying to save a few quid going to an independent can mess up your car and end up costing a lot more.

I should add that although the Check VSC light and VSC off light have been on since the auto electrician plugged in his laptop the car drives 100% fine except for the the fact the VSC is permanently switched off which can cause the occasional wheelspin when accelerating hard from a standstill.

Greatly appreciate any advice here as I know the main dealer will charge 80 quid + VAT to try and diagnose why they can't turn off the VSC light.

I originally heard that the VSC light will go out once the oxygen sensors are fitted but apparently the fault relates to the ABS and steering.

Many thanks in advance and best wishes

• 9 years later...

Hi - there is some rumour that a failed petrol cap gasket can set off the same error - I replaced the gasket on mine and it did no sure the problem. I have had the diagnostics done twice on mine and it keeps coming back the same error - drivers side oxygen sensor - funny thing is the emmissions are fine and the car drives fine - is just the annoying light

I had the VSC light come on when my LPG run out and it switched to petrol.  INdependent garage just swtiched it off again (they told me that it was the lambda sensor in the exhaust which triggered it (for whatever reason)) and off it stayed for about 4 months.... then it came on again, - I just left it, and soon after I put a little petrol in, - it went off again, - that was about 3 months ago - and it's not come back.  

Don't know if that's any help at all, but it's all I can offer!

Lexus VSC.pdf

Hope this PDF opens.  I had the same bother when an LPG op plugged his laptop into my MK2 GS300 and Tigerfish, on the GS300/430 forum sent me this.  You have to short pin numbers Ts14 and CG4 on the OBD socket with a paper clip.

1.    Igition OFF

2.   Bridge pins 14 and 4

3.   Igition on (DO NOT START ENGINE)

4.   Leave on for 30 seconds

5.   Igition off.

6.   Remove bridge

7.   Check that lights are now extinquished. 

PS.....At Stage 3 and 4  the VSC lights will flash rapidly.