Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus Bromley

alluny

Where do I start!

Ok at the begining would be as good a point as any.

My lexus is200 went into Lexus Bromley for bodywork repairs on 20th August and they said they would require it for 2 weeks due the the repair required,

The car has been allegedly ready 3 times since then, today being the 3rd time.

The quality of the repair has been from disgraceful to nearly right, but still not acceptable.

The car should be ready on the 5th Oct.

So that is 6 weeks!

Lexus Bromley do not have there own body shop and put there work out to a Lexus approved repairer, not something that is advertised or mentioned by the Dealership.

The repair to my vehicle is through my insurance company with an access to pay.

Lexus Bromley have offered me no compensation for my inconvience or much of an excuse as to why it has been such a poor quality repair and has taken 4 attempts (thats if it is right tommorrow) to finish the repair.

Has anyone had any problems with this "dealer" or could offer any advise

I had expected them to wave the access as a sign of good will for all the hassle, but alas no.

This is my first dealings with a Lexus dealer and is far from what I would have expected.

What a nightmare

Lexus Bromley couldnt do anthing with the excess as it an insurance excess and doesnt go to the repairer. Maybe the centre could give you something else as goodwill, ie free service or accessories instead

You need to air your problems with centre manager and see what they have to say in reply.

Yes I am aware of the insurance access and required to pay it, but they have offered me no inclination or suggestion that they would be prepared to give me anything for my inconvienece.

The main issue is the shoddy workmanship that they were prepared to give back to a customer and deemed acceptable.

It was probably the worst bit of bodywork repair I have seen. Overspray, inclusions, masking lines etc

Not a good advert for anyone, let alone a prestige car dealership.

I am sorry to hear you have been messed around like this.

I have to say that I purchased my IS200 from Lexus Bromley. (Jemca)

It has been serviced there and also had some minor warranty

work done there also. They have always been spot on with

everything they have done with my car, and kept me very

satisfied every step of the way.

The real problem here is not the Dealer, more like the company they

have used to repair your car. I do feel Lexus Bromley should possibly

consider wether or not to ever use the Bodyshop in question again,

as it is letting them down on a huge level.

"The pursuit of perfection" is what Lexus strive for, at Dealer and National level,

and this repairer obviously is not up to the task.

I would also consider talking to your insurer to make sure a note is made

about the particular Bodyshop repairing your Lexus, and suggesting they

should be removed from the 'Approved List'.

Other than that I can only sympathise. My car is currently in a Bodyshop

in Gravesend, should be back to me on Fri/Sat, but they are someone I

have had the misfortune to have to use a few times in the last 6 years.

The work has been perfect everytime, though not the quickest.

I am keeping my fingers crossed that mine comes back perfect now :whistling:

Am taking it further up the ladder in Lexus as at the dealer they really dont seem bothered, even to the point that the sales manager said "I looked at the car and would have been happy to put it on my forcourt"

I do feel their perseption of good enough and my perseption of RIGHT are a million miles apart.

I could go into details of the problems but it would take forever.

So that is 6 weeks!

That's your first mistake it's 7 weeks ( 35 working days Monday to Friday ) in my calendar.

You have done the right thing by refusing to take it back until you are happy. I had the same thing with a local dealer to me, where I was a guinea pig for their ne "approved" paintshop for repairs under new car warranty. When it was eventually OK the paintwork lasted less then 6 months and it was chipped as bad as before it went in.

Did you take any pictures of what you didn't like with it? if so post them on hear to help vent your frustration.

If it's still not right tomorrow call the insurance company and tell them. Have you had a courtesy all the time?

Yes have had a car for the whole time, a 3 door fiesta, not quite what I had expected or needed. but it was meant to be for a couple of weeks.

IN hindsight would have taken pictures but as you know in these things it goes on in dribs and draps, then the next thing it a month later and still havnt got your car back.

To be honest the car is nearly right and I am sure it will be ok when they deliver it tomorrow.

Its just the attitude and way things have been done that is getting my back up.

I cant put into words the vision that met me when I first went to pick the car up, it was just so bad. And to compound this LEXUS BROMLEY were actually happy with the work that had been done and couldnt understand my shock.

The more I think about it the angrier I get.

I am sorry to hear you have been messed around like this.

The real problem here is not the Dealer, more like the company they

have used to repair your car. I do feel Lexus Bromley should possibly

consider wether or not to ever use the Bodyshop in question again,

as it is letting them down on a huge level.

"The pursuit of perfection" is what Lexus strive for, at Dealer and National level,

and this repairer obviously is not up to the task.

Lexus Bromley are directly responsible, doesnt matter who they use ! the onus is on them

the fact that Lexus dealers win best customer care every year, doesnt mean there any good, in reality they are just a bit better than the others

i think they have still got a long way to go ! here is a prime example

ask Lexus Bromley for some compensation

tell them you will let the owners club know all about this scenario :whistling:

The reason I bought a IS200 is because they look so good, and always wanted one, the reputation and reliabiliy were also a bonus.. And the fact they have won the JD power survey for the last two years as a good omen.

So when some toerag decided to run over my car I insisted that my insurance company use LEXUS BROMLEY to repair it.

At no point until it came back was I aware or informed that is was being sub contracted out to some "lexus Approved" Cowboy outfit. I work in the automotive quality sector and could have got the job done quicker and better myself. My insurance company have been stung for the fat end £4000. I think they may have something to say about this too.

As for compensation........ I have asked and been informed why I needed compensation as my car will be repaired and I should be happy with that! It was also implied(actually said ) that I was only being fussy so I wouldnt have to pay my access. How rude.... at that point I terninated the conversation and will pursue it with more fitting parties within Lexus

What are your thoughts on their attitude.

i think the attitude is disgusting - after the 1st time it went back they should have made sure it was done properly - obviously they dont give a toss.....

At the end of the day the result is only as good as the quality control/ person behind the quality control if they are a slack arse then the work will be also

Rob, you have summed it up they dont seem to give a toss.. maybe its because its a 2001 IS200, and not a £30K new one. Or do they treat everyone the same. I will take the car back if it is ok, pay my access. Then pursue compensation but would advise care when using this dealer!

I had a similar experience with a Lexus dealers that had their own bodyshop with a nearly new IS220d. It took them 3 attempts to match the paint colour and they twice told me the car was ready and a good match when it was blatantly a different colour, the bumper was not fitted correctly once and a badge not fitted straight. I had to go miles out of my way to visit the dealers several times, had a prius for my 80 mile a day commute etc etc. I wrote to the head of the dealership but never got anything in compensation although I did get an apology from the bodyshop manager. Usually I've had excellent service from Lexus but not that time.

Have had a verbal apology but thats about it.

But also didnt like the the accusation that I was trying to get my access waved by rejecting the vehicle.

Lexus car looking how it should or £300, bit of a no brainer really.

I am actually very angry now, and the more I think about it the furthur I want to take it....

Bad customer service at Lexus Bromley

to be honest since lexus bromley went "Jemca" they massively went downhill...

they changed their service manager who was brilliant!

They seem more intent on pushing the toyota side of the brand, and amalgamated the reception area...

the new service manager seems like a bit of a **** really.

The excess is directly payable to the repairer and not the insurance company, and the insurance company dont care if you pay them normally.. your correct in using it as your leverage.

Make an official complaint to lexus uk !

good luck

Like I said in my post above, they have always kept me very satisfied

since I purchased my car from there, and found the Lexus Service Manager

to be very helpful everytime I have had any contact with him.

It seems a real shame the Bodyshop has let you down like this matey.

to be honest since lexus bromley went "Jemca" they massively went downhill...

they changed their service manager who was brilliant!

They seem more intent on pushing the toyota side of the brand, and amalgamated the reception area...

the new service manager seems like a bit of a **** really.

The excess is directly payable to the repairer and not the insurance company, and the insurance company dont care if you pay them normally.. your correct in using it as your leverage.

Make an official complaint to lexus uk !

good luck

Im quite shocked to see a post where by I am verbally abused by somebody who I have never had the displeasure of providing a service for. Your vehicle according to our records has not been in at Lexus Bromley for since January 2005.

Having been just recently made aware of the situation regarding the bodyshop that we use for all of our bodywork we are currently deciding to offer a free service. We take customer concerns very seriously and on an individual basis. The case regarding 'Mr T' is perculiar in that every issue he had was brought to the bodyshop attention at different times rather than addressing every issue the first time the car went back. It has also been established that there has been a previous repair to the vehicle resulting in part of the customers issue. The bodyshop put this right at no cost to the customer.

Regards

Lexus Bromley Service Manager

I must retort

Regarding the

"The case regarding 'Mr T' is perculiar in that every issue he had was brought to the bodyshop attention at different times rather than addressing every issue the first time the car went back. It has also been established that there has been a previous repair to the vehicle resulting in part of the customers issue. The bodyshop put this right at no cost to the customer."

The facts are, the vehicle was presented to me with such glaring faults the first time that it wasnt a case of anymore than rejecting the car for a bad repair.

Not replacing the windscreen, overspray everywhere, paint splashes on the seats, dashboard and steering wheel. Vents full of white dust... paint shrinkage aroung the aerial. General bad quality of all that had been touched.

At that stage I felt that enough was enough.

Things hadnt been done that should have been and only BIG issues were highlighted.

The second attempt to give me back the vehicle highlighted all the other problems that were minor in comparison to the glairing first time faults, but still making it obvious that a repair had been done on the vehicle.

Other faults were also added in facilitating the "making good" of the 1st repair and original faults not put right.

The third attempt, only had a minor problem of the roof infill strip not actually secured and the paint on it all cracked, probably due to the fact it had been on and off quite a few times by this stage.

As for a previous repair yes it may have had, but having nothing to do with the faults that were complained about. These were all manufactured by your outsource bodyshop.

As for the offer of a FREE SERVICE this has not happened as of yet

But I am sure it would be greated in the manner it is offered.

I will keep this website posted of any developments

Back to you TIFFEN

Im quite shocked to see a post where by I am verbally abused by somebody who I have never had the displeasure of providing a service for. Your vehicle according to our records has not been in at Lexus Bromley for since January 2005.

Having been just recently made aware of the situation regarding the bodyshop that we use for all of our bodywork we are currently deciding to offer a free service. We take customer concerns very seriously and on an individual basis. The case regarding 'Mr T' is perculiar in that every issue he had was brought to the bodyshop attention at different times rather than addressing every issue the first time the car went back. It has also been established that there has been a previous repair to the vehicle resulting in part of the customers issue. The bodyshop put this right at no cost to the customer.

Regards

Lexus Bromley Service Manager

Amazing that the LSM has come on hhere with that tone, and responds in such a way. "Displeasure" - yes that will gain you lots of customers - NOT.

In my opinion the whole point is that the dealership should have inspected the vehicle themselves and made sure it was a satisfactory ( minimum ) quality of repair and presentation. It's fairly obvious from what they say and from alluny it was not.

Not good Customer Service.

Who I am to say this? Well I have, in the past, had very similar problems with a different Lexus dealership and on one occasion even called the "recommended" paintshop manger in to comment ( sorry I should have side with them ). I won't go into any further detail but believe me I am more than qualified to comment on Customer Service ( good and bad ) from my experiences over the last four and a half years with Lexus.

I think the guy is justified to defend himself when given the abuse he took from the Don,

and baring in mind hetakes a slating from someone he has never dealt with, maybe it

would be displeasure too. I'd be more than mildly miffed in his position.

Also if you read the LSM's post he also states one of the reasons why the car has been

back several times. If your car comes back and there is something wrong , is it not

reasonable for anyone to expect you to check the car over fully with a fine toothed comb

to make sure any/all the faults are seen and dealt with. What appears here is that everytime

the car goes back the person in question finds something else to pick at, and one thing

he seemed unhappy with is "a previous repair to the vehicle resulting in part of the customers issue".

Nuff said.

:offtopic: As some people maybe aware, my car was involved in a hit & run in August.

I picked thecar up from the repair shop very happy with the result. Later on Friday I noticed

(whilst under a garage forecourt's light) some imperfections on the bonnet. I then checked

everything else that had been touched, to ensure nothing else was missed by me, I also

checked again on Saturday morning in daylight.

After doing this I called the bodyshop and booked the car back in. Neither I or the Bodyshop Manager

saw the imperfections when I picked the car up, but nonetheless they are there. I feel if I

had more than the 1 panel issue, picked the car up again and then mentioned another area that

needed attention, in the very slightest I would expect to be frowned upon, and possibly called

a bit of a muppet by the manager under his breath. If I then later wanted to complain about an

area of my car untouched by the bodyshop, and previously repaired elsewhere, I would really loose

all possible credibility, with the Bodyshop &/or Dealer in question.

Yes possibly the dealer might have picked up the problems with the repair, but as explained above

with metallic paintwork you need to see the car from different angles under different light to

sometimes tell there is a problem.

I rest my case.

Yes possibly the dealer might have picked up the problems with the repair, but as explained above

with metallic paintwork you need to see the car from different angles under different light to

Well the dealer should do this before handing the car back - if necessary with the customer.

Alluny says by doing one bit of work they caused other problems, that's why they were not all found in one go. Seems a reasonable complaint to me.

Well thanks for your kind comments Dj but they are all spaculation on your part.

The facts are that the vehicle was repaired 3 times to make it right. taking 6 weeks not 2 as promised.

The quality of the work was poor and the vehicle was not even looked at by Lexus before I arrived to collect it.

Each time other problems were added, (new paint masking is not down to previous repairs !!! is it?)

I didnt expect this sort of work from Lexus.

It's not hearsay when directly quoted from the persons own post.

It's a called a quote. :D

I am listening to what you say, but also to what he says. Like I stated

in a previous post on this topic, they have always kept me very happy,

and I will continue to use them. I did ask at the dealer in question some

months ago as to poss respraying my front bumper re stone chips &

they told me that they don't have their own bodyshop, but have a

Bodyshop they use on a regular basis .This info is freely available &

not hidden. Most main Dealers will not have their own bodyshop .

I have every sympathy fella I really do because your car is something

special to you, same as mine is to me. I stated above my own car has

to go back this week to a body shop I have used 4 times now over the

last 6-7 years. 3 times it has been perfect, this time unfortunately it is not.

I really hope you get this sorted asap fella and you are back on the road

and (finally) happy with your cars repair.