Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

'it' Help

corsavandal

not sure this is possible.

the only way it can be done is if you post the document/speadsheet back in the public folder

your better off asking the IT guys to put it on a network share and then share the workbook through excel

If the Public Folder has the suitable permissions (which you as an end user cannot specify I'm afraid), then if you save your Excel Document or Word Document or whatever to the Public Drive, others will be able to access it and also amend / edit it. Not only does this rely on the folder permissions, but specifically on the file itself. For example, the technicians at your site may need to allow "Everyone" read / write permissions on the file.

Consult them fella, as it's more than your rights will allow you to execute, depending upon your status on the network.

Jamie

When you say Public Folder, do you mean a public folder on an Exchange server at work?

Personally I wouldn't bother anyway, just stick it on a network share drive somewhere and mail the people who need access the link to it. Much easier that way, as HK1471 says.

If you want to be clever, use something like Sharepoint - but that's a whole lot of work for an Excel sheet...

cheers for the replys guys. IT guys are out until friday which is why i asked.

its the first time ive had to use access rights so i just put it down to Bill chuffing Gates and his team of jaffa cakes who release soft ware that only ever solves the problems it creates.

Using office 2007 and its really got my back up, loads of changes and a new file type prefix thing that means a sheet or word document created in 2007 isnt backward compatible with office 2003 and earlier!

Using office 2007 and its really got my back up, loads of changes and a new file type prefix thing that means a sheet or word document created in 2007 isnt backward compatible with office 2003 and earlier!

You can download a translator :whistling:

MS call it a "Compatibility Pack"

Edited by MacRS200