Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

2jz-ge Into Is200

deeceetoo

hi guys

sorry if this topic has been covered before but for some reason whenever i do a search, i get logged out?!?!?!

anyway, i'm actually a ex-toyota now honda but soon to be lexus guy

in south africa, the IS300 was only released in auto & because of my age & enthusiasm, an auto will never grace my garage!

so, i was considering the 2JZ-GTE into IS200 swop but becuase of cost & lack of local experience with the swop, im rather opting for the 2JZ-GE (IS300 right?) swop!

so, what do i need to know?

is it a straight bolt-in swop?

will my wiring harness plug straight into the new motor?

can i adjust the timing/fuel by just using a unichip?

thanks in advance!

Wozza's right about the IS300 was only ever auto in the Europe market, not sure about US.

I don't think its a straight fit because of the difference in gearbox.

You really would best just going for the 300, It may be an auto the its a good auto box, and it does have tiptronic as well.

As for the ECU, you'll either need a fully mappable aftermarket one or complete wiring loom from a 300 to put in. It's not easy in the slightest i don't think.

Stav

I thought the IS300's only ever came as Autos with Gear shift on steering wheel ?

the USA had the optional manual version

Lexus in their wisdom decided to offer the americans who 99% drive auto, the manual

europeans who 75% drive manual only got offered the auto

The Americans had the IS300 with a 5speed gear box. I expect it wont be a walk in the park style install as the engine mounts would be different and thats just the start of it. Monster Mat is your best source of info regarding this type of project. Just out of curiosity what side do you guys drive on ? if its the right side you could be best off sourcing an is300 5speed from America (or if you dont care what side the wheel is on).

We drive on the left hand side of the road & its illegal to drive a lhd!

ok what about just using the 2jz-ge bottom-end?

and what type of sleeves do the lexus motors use?

i was wondering if it would at all be possible to get custom sleeves & use 93mm alfa 3.2 gta pistons to make it a 93 x 75mm 3055cc motor?

lol

get an IS300 and fit a manual gearbox to it (either from an USDM IS300 or a Supra), it would be easier as the IS200 gearbox does not fit on the 2JZ

great idea but...

IS300 - +£ 13,500.00

IS300 Manual Gearbox - +£ 600.00

Labour etc - +£ 400.00

TOTAL: +£ 14,500.00

vs

IS200 Manual - +£ 6,300.00

IS300 Motor - +£ 700.00

Labour & Management etc - +£ 1,000.00

TOTAL: +£ 8,000.00

:whistling:

the is200 gearbox will not fit the is300 engine, use a mk3 supra gearbox, r154

thanks matt, it should be easy enough to find a r154!

but can you please elaborate a little on the actual fitment of the motor & the electronics?

much appreciated

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links