Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Key Fob Reprogram And Alarm Problem

Hi all,

Now I have had a similar problem to this before but this time with a bit of a twist, but first the resson why.

I got up to go to work at 5:30am, there I was all set when I couldn't find my keys, now this happens a lot as my 2 year old son seems to think it is funny to hide them....So far they have been in a coffee cup in the cupboard and also the freezer which I thought would be the most bizarre place they would be (I was wrong).

I managed to get a lift into work and a few hours later I got a phone call telling me that the keys had been found and unfortunately had been through the dishwasher.

Suprise Suprise they didn't work when I tried them so I got a new Battery and dried it out but now the key wont inlock the door, I tried the spare but I think the Battery has been dead for a while so I tried the new one in that but still no joy.

Now i know how to re-program a keyfob as it has happened before but this time I can't get past the alarm to do it. I have tried to just unlock it using the key and waiting for the alarm to stop, but as soon as I try to do the re-program the alarm kicks off again.

If anyone has any ideas how to go about this please let me know as if I don't get this sorted soon my son is liable to get his next shower in the same dishwasher. (joking)

Thanks

• 1 year later...

Just gone to get in my car [iS250 2007] and the fob would not work

Thought the Battery may be flat so got the spare. That wouldn't work also!

Both led's flash on the fob. It is like the car has forgot both fobs!

Opened the door with the key and the alarm went off. Tried keys again but no joy! I will have to ring either Lexus in the morning.

any ideas?

Thought the battery may be flat so got the spare. That wouldn't work also!

Welcome. You seem to be slightly in the wrong place for the best advice, in that you've posted in the IS200 forum, and you'll probably find more IS250-knowledgeable members in the IS250 subforum here. I'm sure that someone there will have some ideas for you :winky:

Thought the battery may be flat so got the spare. That wouldn't work also!

Welcome. You seem to be slightly in the wrong place for the best advice, in that you've posted in the IS200 forum, and you'll probably find more IS250-knowledgeable members in the IS250 subforum here. I'm sure that someone there will have some ideas for you :winky:

Thanks, just posted in the IS250 area.

That is a bizarre situation, and I know you need one master key in order to program another but I'm confused about why your spare key isn't working?

I thought the key doesn't forget (which is why you can change the Battery without needing it reprogrammed) but maybe if given long enough it will go......I better change the batteries in my spares just in case this happens to me at some point (not the key in the dishwasher part, but just losing the use of the main key :lol: )

I've never heard of this before, so interested to find out what the solution is. It's possible a call to your dealer may be in order.

• 1 month later...

Hi all Lexus members [ignoring what part we are in]

It seems this affects the same technology on any new Lexus so comments should help you ALL

I have been back the the dealer as there is a BUG where the keyfob can be jammed. All working now.

If you want to know how, look in IS250

Ta,

Darren.

Have a great new year!

(No need to reply to increase your numbers :winky: )

• 5 months later...

This happened to the Seat Toledo that preceded my IS. The ecu somehow lost its memory of both the keys and wouldn't start. If you're in South London/Surrey I can recommend 007 Locksmiths on 07837 919 005 who turned up and re-entered them for £85, fortunately I had my key pin codes. He also mentioned that if you lost your keys he could reprogramme the ecu for about £400.

Just a quick question about programing a new key. What is a master key?? all i have is a 2 button key which is about to fall to pieces and i got a new 3 button type on eBay, am i fecked or can it be done.

the master key is the one with the buttons on it mate so your fine. the grey one is a sub key

Eh ? Sorry but I don't think that's right Ormi. A two-button key is likely to be a sub key. Three-button keys are usually masters. You can check for sure by inserting the key into the ignition and watching what happens with the flashing Security light on the dash. If it light up for a second when you insert it, then goes out, it's a sub key and can't be used for programming. If it immediately goes out when you insert it then it's a master key.

If you don't have a master key then you'll need to contact some auto locksmiths to see if they can help you out. Don't go to Lexus because they'll tell you that you need a whole new ECU.

from last night my remote wont work outside my house, but will if i drive round the corner or anywhere else. any ideas ?

Radio interference of some sort. Could be a cordless doorbell that someone has recently installed nearby. Otherwise could be mobile phone masts or something similar.

• 2 months later...

The Thatcham on my VR6 always stops working when I park it at North Cheam (Queen Vic).

Theres a great chinese there, but I have to park round the corner as there is a dish array on the roof opposite that completely washes out the alarm freq!

This is South London/Surrey Unforgiven!