Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Problems With Supercharger

Disingenuous? Not at all, so please don't head down that route. Just thought I'd use the forum for the purpose it was designed - exchange of information across a network.

I was merely trying to pick the brains of those that have owned an IS with a compressor for a little longer than myself, as there is a wealth of knowledge to be had. Plus there always seems to be quirky resolutions to things. Trade secrets and sometimes solutions that not even the manufacturers are aware of. One instance would be the mark on the underside of the bonnet where the belt rubs - a "tell tale" sign. I know this has nothing to do but was just trying to demonstrate that sometimes there is knowledge that can be had from an online community, compared to that of a manufacturer etc.

As I said, it doesn't matter, I'll sort something out with Steve when I can.

Could a Moderator please close this...

Regards and thanks,

Jamie

Hope you get it all sorted mate!!

The rubbing on the bonnet sound proofing is actually pretty common and is caused under load from the s/c. Both myself, Kaz and a few others have it and have done from day 1.

As regards the spring, if the washer isn't making the spring stick/rub then there must be some other issue??

Good Luck with getting it sorted Jamie... Steve will be able to sort it very quickly I'm sure.

PS

Whats the point of closing the thread? It will be good to have your solution on here once you have had the problem sorted so others can benefit incase they get something similar - like you said "exchange of information" :)

I must admit my S/C makes a horrid noise when running at idle

and I move the bypass valve cable by hand to move the valve

I'm probably is not supposed to do this which is why it makes a noise :whistling:

(someone on LOC will am sure tell me why)

My S/C eems to be running fine tho on the road as Tony @ WIM will testify :lol:

I must admit my S/C makes a horrid noise when running at idle

and I move the bypass valve cable by hand to move the valve

I'm probably is not supposed to do this which is why it makes a noise :whistling:

(someone on LOC will am sure tell me why)

My S/C eems to be running fine tho on the road as Tony @ WIM will testify :lol:

its cos its knackered wozza,thats why i got shot as quick as i could. :hehe::lol:

Disingenuous? Not at all, so please don't head down that route. Just thought I'd use the forum for the purpose it was designed - exchange of information across a network.

I was merely trying to pick the brains of those that have owned an IS with a compressor for a little longer than myself, as there is a wealth of knowledge to be had. Plus there always seems to be quirky resolutions to things. Trade secrets and sometimes solutions that not even the manufacturers are aware of. One instance would be the mark on the underside of the bonnet where the belt rubs - a "tell tale" sign. I know this has nothing to do but was just trying to demonstrate that sometimes there is knowledge that can be had from an online community, compared to that of a manufacturer etc.

As I said, it doesn't matter, I'll sort something out with Steve when I can.

Could a Moderator please close this...

Regards and thanks,

Jamie

As i said earlier you live close to where Steve is based. Instead of mentioning it on here go and see him and he will diagnose whats what and put it right.

The problem I have is the inference that the "problem" is caused by faulty fitting when your attempts to fix the "problem" could actually make the situation worse.

This is a subject where most traders agree (rare) if we fit/supply something and its not right let us know so we can diagnose the problem and if required put it right...don't go online so people think that the product/dealer/fitter is rubbish or give there own "fixes" that may make it worse.

Dave, not once have I hinted at, or suggested that faulty fitting was the cause. If you read that from what I say then there isn't much I can do about that.

All I wanted was a bit of help and didn't appreciate the suggestion of me being disingenious.

This is the reason I wanted the topic closed, Anees - as it appeared to be descending into a pit of uselessness.