Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus Parking Sensors .. = Not Working

ibby

when you prime the carr on acc, and all the lights come on the dash,

it shows a little car with two lines comming out of the rear bumper on both sides.

When you start it and select the reverse gear..

It beeps

as you reverse it does not detect any thing..

Ive managed to get real close without the sensors.. stopping beeping.. or changing pace :crying:

Ideas?

Its not a parking sensor the beep is to tell you your in reverse as its easy to slip it between revers and first unexpectedly and the light on the dash is to show youve got a bulb out

Its not a parking sensor the beep is to tell you your in reverse as its easy to slip it between revers and first unexpectedly and the light on the dash is to show youve got a bulb out

My car actually has parking sensors,

3.JPG

Look closly at the bumper..

- the bulb out maybe the rear brake light. (situated inde the car, next to the 6x9s) but i dont know how to chnage it!

they do look a bit like parking sensors but it looks like theres only 2 normally theres 4 spread across the whole bonnet or is it just a bad picture?. If they are indeed sensors then its possible that the cable has come loose or unplugged.

As for the brake light does the light on the spoiler work?

they do look a bit like parking sensors but it looks like theres only 2 normally theres 4 spread across the whole bonnet or is it just a bad picture?. If they are indeed sensors then its possible that the cable has come loose or unplugged.

As for the brake light does the light on the spoiler work?

I only have two of them

One on each side..

They are factory installed by lex, i have the reciept which says they have been installed. etc

Maybe i need to have a look at the wires.

when selecting reverse it does have a Two tone beeping.

The brake light on the spoiler does work, its the one behind that, which doesnt

thats probably why the light comes on its looking for the light inside the car and due to the power being re-routed for the spoiler light it doesnt work and pops up a warming you could use a spliter to re-power the inside light giving you the 2 light s an removing the warning light on the dash.

The only thought on the sensor is that the position could be wrong. Get a mate to wave his hand infront of the sensor to see if that makes any difference it could be that the angle of the sensor and it cant detect anything in the way

thats probably why the light comes on its looking for the light inside the car and due to the power being re-routed for the spoiler light it doesnt work and pops up a warming you could use a spliter to re-power the inside light giving you the 2 light s an removing the warning light on the dash.

The only thought on the sensor is that the position could be wrong. Get a mate to wave his hand infront of the sensor to see if that makes any difference it could be that the angle of the sensor and it cant detect anything in the way

Not a bad idea :D

I'll try that and report back :)

i'll have a look at the wires as well :)

i have an is200 with parking sensors fitted by lexus and i have 4 sensors not 2, they are spread across the bumper..

try seeing if there is a little switch inside the the boot on the left hand side that is so you can turn the sensors on & off... :)

i have an is200 with parking sensors fitted by lexus and i have 4 sensors not 2, they are spread across the bumper..

try seeing if there is a little switch inside the the boot on the left hand side that is so you can turn the sensors on & off... :)

Two sensors will not give you full coverage of the bumper. Only your corners will be protected properly. The beam travels out from the sensor at about an angle of 30deg and weakens as it does. So the middle of yours might not have any detection at all especially as they seem to be slightly around the corner as well.

To test the sensor, put it in reverse with ignition on, put your ear next to the sensor on the bumper if you can her it clicking its working. If not its not.

If its not working try warming it with a hair dryer, if any water has got in it will dry it out.

It did on this

<-------------

As for having the standard beep when in reverse and then the extra beep with sensors, it seems bonkers to me - I would have one disconnected.

As far the light, I also think the wire to the parcel shelf light will have been re routed to the spoiler.

You just need to split it and connect it back up.

Although when I had mine it was very bright at the back with all the brake lights on so I disconnected the spoiler light rather than the parcel shelf one.

so basicaly lexus didnt install them right :o

Two sensors will not give you full coverage of the bumper. Only your corners will be protected properly. The beam travels out from the sensor at about an angle of 30deg and weakens as it does. So the middle of yours might not have any detection at all especially as they seem to be slightly around the corner as well.