Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexuscare Ipod Integration Kit

Just had notification through the post from Lex Bristol to ring them for further information and installation. Should enable control of the main iPod functions through the audio controls/steering wheel together with function and track/title on the graphic display B) Anyone had it installed yet? Wondered if it was similar to the Vaistech system or maybe it is the Vaistech system :huh: .

I asked about it a while ago when i was passing by, and the person i spoke to said it would cost around ~£250, i think incl. installation. He said however that if you have the ML system that would not be able to display the track/title, but then checked his computer and said the ML sysatem would have full integration.

Would like to see, from people who have it what they think?

I asked about it a while ago when i was passing by, and the person i spoke to said it would cost around ~£250, i think incl. installation. He said however that if you have the ML system that would not be able to display the track/title, but then checked his computer and said the ML sysatem would have full integration.

Would like to see, from people who have it what they think?

I'll let you know...

It'll be great if it's not Nannied to death

Having it fitted next week when the car's in for it's 2 year service. Price of the integration kit including fitting and VAT is £261.62. The unit sits behind the glovebox with the connection to the iPod in the box.

Got my 20K service today at Lexus Glasgow, and on the invoice it says "Control your i-Pod through your existing car audio controls - Christmas offer: £199.99 inc VAT".

I checked that this includes installation, and it does. Very very tempting! They're sending me some info through the post.

Got my 20K service today at Lexus Glasgow, and on the invoice it says "Control your i-Pod through your existing car audio controls - Christmas offer: £199.99 inc VAT".

I checked that this includes installation, and it does. Very very tempting! They're sending me some info through the post.

I'll not be happy if Lexus Bristol send me a similar priced offer after I've had it installed :angry: Think I'll use this post as a negotiaton tool....any chance of sending me a copy of the info before next Wednesday?? I'll pm my email if there is.

Mine is in for a 20K service although it's actually a 2 year service as it's only done 16K....what was the cost of your 20K at Glasgow?

I'll not be happy if Lexus Bristol send me a similar priced offer after I've had it installed :angry: Think I'll use this post as a negotiaton tool....any chance of sending me a copy of the info before next Wednesday?? I'll pm my email if there is.

Mine is in for a 20K service although it's actually a 2 year service as it's only done 16K....what was the cost of your 20K at Glasgow?

Yep, no problem. They're sending it tomorrow, so I'll send you a copy if you pm me.

Total price of the 20K service was £373.

Yep, no problem. They're sending it tomorrow, so I'll send you a copy if you pm me.

Total price of the 20K service was £373.

Thanks Alan..pm on it's way. They've quoted me £364 for the 20K service, so not far off yours.

Hi all,

I spoke to Lexus Newcastle service today who have the Ipod integration kit in stock

fitted to the car inc VAT its £199.00 This is a November special offer. Mines going in for it fitted at my 20k service

in a week or so.

Does anyone have it fitted and can post up some pics fitted in the car.

Infinity.........

• 2 weeks later...
Hi all,

I spoke to Lexus Newcastle service today who have the Ipod integration kit in stock

fitted to the car inc VAT its £199.00 This is a November special offer. Mines going in for it fitted at my 20k service

in a week or so.

Does anyone have it fitted and can post up some pics fitted in the car.

Infinity.........

Got mine fitted today

Paid £230 inc. VAT... Bristol phoned Glasgow to confirm they were doing it for £199.99...Glasgow had a few in and but were not selling hence the discount price, but apparently they still haven't sold any. I thought sod it and had it fitted anyway...I can't drive to Glasgow for £30 :blush:

Basically the kit provides a neat dock in your glove box that the ipod clips into along with the ipod bottom connector which is wired into the ICE. The ipod shows up as an external CD-changer.

Had a play with it on the way home, and really need to read the handbook. Pros & Cons??? Well with the iPod in the glovebox you can forget it as it charges and turns on and off with the ignition...no longer will I exit the car leaving the iPod left on (worth doing for that alone). Changing tracks with the steering wheel controls is also a plus. The down side is that the Lexus unit does not support selection by artist or title. It's limited to choosing tracks from play lists. Each playlist shows up as a seperate CD (#1 to 6) and then you can navigate between tracks on each CD and these are listed as #1, #2, etc... . You do not have the option to search by artist, or song etc. You can have as many playlists as you like. All tracks are in Playlist 1 anyway so you can randomly play the lot through Playlist 1, like iPod shuffle.

Switch between titles with a short press of the ^ and v buttons, switch playlists by holding/long press of the ^ and v buttons.

Got mine fitted today

Paid £230 inc. VAT... Bristol phoned Glasgow to confirm they were doing it for £199.99...Glasgow had a few in and but were not selling hence the discount price, but apparently they still haven't sold any. I thought sod it and had it fitted anyway...I can't drive to Glasgow for £30 :blush:

Basically the kit provides a neat dock in your glove box that the ipod clips into along with the ipod bottom connector which is wired into the stereo. The ipod shows up as an external CD-changer.

Had a play with it on the way home, and really need to read the handbook. Pros & Cons??? Well with the iPod in the glovebox you can forget it as it charges and turns on and off with the ignition...no longer will I exit the car leaving the iPod left on (worth doing for that alone). Changing tracks with the steering wheel controls is also a plus. The down side is that the Lexus unit does not support selection by artist or title. It's limited to choosing tracks from play lists. Each playlist shows up as a seperate CD (#1 to 6) and then you can navigate between tracks on each CD and these are listed as #1, #2, etc... . You do not have the option to search by artist, or song etc. You can have as many playlists as you like. All tracks are in Playlist 1 anyway so you can randomly play the lot through Playlist 1, like iPod shuffle.

Switch between titles with a short press of the ^ and v buttons, switch playlists by holding/long press of the ^ and v buttons.

Tango,

Does it display the list of songs in each playlist when you select that playlist, or does the screen only show the song that you're currently playing? And I'm guessing it can't play any videos that are on the iPod?

Does this only work on the IS or will it wrk on my RX?

Be great if they could integrate the controls into the touch screen controls.

It works perfectly on the IS (either lexus one, or vaistech) and you can fully control (well, using playlists only :( ) an ipod from a touch screen and steering wheel

Got mine fitted today

Basically the kit provides a neat dock in your glove box that the ipod clips into along with the ipod bottom connector which is wired into the stereo. The ipod shows up as an external CD-changer.

Tango,

Does it display the list of songs in each playlist when you select that playlist, or does the screen only show the song that you're currently playing? And I'm guessing it can't play any videos that are on the iPod?

Sorry for the delay guys I'm not in the UK at the mo. It only displays the currently selected track. The shuffle on the unit operates just as the iPod if you have it on playlist one (this has all the tracks)...haven't tried shuffle on different playlists yet but expect this to operate shuffle for tracks in each playlist only. Also haven't tried to play video or pics off the iPod so don't know the answer to that question.

...and in answeer to the RX, I understand the unit is for all the Lexus range.

Had word from Vaistech and there ipod video adapter for Mark levinson equipped cars will be about another 2 months :unsure:

funny, but i will receive mine next week (it is already ordered and sent)

one of the main developers in vaistech - russian too :)

so you'll see my opinion/review very soon...

@Shapa

Is that for the Mark Levinson equiped car system?..or are you testing it for them?....or maybe you know somthing you would like to share with the rest of us.

actually, as they were presented firmware upgrade adapter for me - yes, it will be like a test :)

• 1 month later...

Hi All,

Had mine fitted today, it as described by previous posters, only displays playlist name and current track (no artist/album name). I've attached some pics for those interested. You can shuffle through a playlist, select from 1-6 playlists, steering wheel controls advance previous/next through the current play list.

I have also tested it with my Iphone and it works great, so should work with the touch.

Scott

post-980-1199545918.jpg

post-980-1199545937.jpg

You can shuffle through a playlist, select from 1-6 playlists, steering wheel controls advance previous/next through the current play list.

Just an update now that I have read the manual :whistling: It appears that you can have an UNLIMITED number of playlists but you only ever see 1-6 on the screen - you just page through them 6 at a time. You can also hold down (long press) previous/next on the steering wheel to skip to to the previous/next playlist. The playlist name is always displayed so you could have individual albums as a playlist which means you will then see album/track on the display. Also, if you name your playlist album-artist then you now have all the information displayed. I'm going to do some investigation and create some more playlists as there may be more mileage in this than initially meets the eye.

There also seems to be a "magic" playlist that collects together all the songs on the iPod and lets you play through these, I'm not too clear on this as it isn't the best manual in the world.