Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is220d Windscreen Replacement

just wondering if anyone has had to replace their windscreen yet? and if so would you be so kind as to say how much it cost you?

Basically we have a crack on our windscreen that is only just repairable, so i phoned the insurance company only to find out we have a 500 euro excess (that equates to about £300). My dad has said it should be a reduced excess rate for a claim on windscreen damage, however, my insurance company (in Germany) says not.

So now, i'm curious as to whether a whole new windscreen costs £300 or not. And whether my insurance company is a rip-off merchant or not too!

Thanks in advance,

Jen & Mark

No idea on the cost of windscreens, but as a guide from my Mk1 GS300, when I had to have the drivers window replaced when the car was broken in to, the Autoglass guy showed me the invoice from Toyota for the glass, it was £380 just for the glass, plus there would be the labour to fit it. Rediculously expensive considering this was just a side window. Luckily the excess for glass cover for me was £50.

• 2 weeks later...