Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

2 Months And 7000 Miles In

Hi everyone

Thought I'd give and update on things after 2 months and also ask for some advise on the dredded rattle. I've already commented on the paint chips in another thread but overall generally pleased with the car in terms of performance and smoothness. The fuel consumption has averaged an actual 37.4mpg over 7000 miles (measured by fuel purchased against mileage not trip computer) which I think is excellent for 2.5 litre petrol engine and I'm not hanging about either although most of this is motorway miles at a steady 80.

The auto box is very good and the radar cruise control works well once you get used to it.

The dealer though annoys me slightly. They were very eager before I bought the car and always returned my calls. Now they rarely ring back and I have to keep ringing them. Not good. Also, I never received a service book stamped by the dealer when I had the car. Despite three promisses they still haven't sent one.

Now for the question of the rattle. I have a rattle from the sat nav area. Some times I can live with it (by turning up the ML system) but when I just want peace and quiet from an otherwise smooth, quiet car it grates on me. I have it provisonally booked in for early December but I really don't know whether to let them mess with it in case it gets worse. I've read all the comments and I am really not sure whether its best to leave well alone.

Incidently before I bought the car the dealer promissed I would not have a problem and it was extremely rare. When I booked it in though I was told they had an "expert" on rattles. Must have had a lot of experience !!

So all in all. is it best to let them have a look or leave well alone?

Overall then I'm quite pleased with the car but I am pretty annoyed with Lexus that they are still selling cars with known faults after 2 years. This spoils an otherwise great car.

Overall then I'm quite pleased with the car but I am pretty annoyed with Lexus that they are still selling cars with known faults after 2 years. This spoils an otherwise great car.

its the bloody savings! :(

look inside beemer and new merc C, and you will see, that all of these save on interior parts. I'd like to see how new A4 goes.

BTW this suprises me, becase when you look on just coming cars - new mondeo, new mazda 6, new accord, new citroen C5, new renault laguna - all of them beautiful cars, even from inside... this middle class is close to premium class as never before and premium class is doing steps backwards? :crying:

I don't get this. If things go like this, in 5-7 years there will be no point in buying premium class.

Anyway, to your problem - first try to find the problem yourself. Maybe small piece of rag may fix things.

I had som creaky sounds from middle console - around the radio and also around the gearstick. I took the interior "shine" spray, which is oily, and I sprayed it inside all the way where the console meets the dasboard. I did this maybe in july and car is still silent as never till today, even when it's 0 degrees!

I did not spray it on the top of the console, because I was afraid that the oil may enter the radio...

Having read lots of topics on the forum, your dealer isn't performing very well especially as this is your third Lexus. From the same dealer?? I wouldn't be a happy man.

As a prospective purchaser I've been told by the forum not to worry too much about follow up service and sorting out problems, as it is very good.

Got one query, thought adaptive cruise was an option on the SE-L, it is according to my brochure, can it be used like the normal cruise, flick it on at whatever speed you're doing and forget the radar?

BTW this suprises me, becase when you look on just coming cars - new mondeo, new mazda 6, new accord, new citroen C5, new renault laguna - all of them beautiful cars, even from inside... this middle class is close to premium class as never before and premium class is doing steps backwards? :crying:

I don't get this. If things go like this, in 5-7 years there will be no point in buying premium class.

you saying the cars u mentioned are middle class as well as the IS?

Having read lots of topics on the forum, your dealer isn't performing very well especially as this is your third Lexus. From the same dealer?? I wouldn't be a happy man.

As a prospective purchaser I've been told by the forum not to worry too much about follow up service and sorting out problems, as it is very good.

Got one query, thought adaptive cruise was an option on the SE-L, it is according to my brochure, can it be used like the normal cruise, flick it on at whatever speed you're doing and forget the radar?

I also have radar cruise control. Its my favorite gadget use it when ever I can. I can confirm that youcan set cruise without the radar being activated.

• 9 years later...
Guest bigbullhead

I was wondering that!can you use cruise control with out radar as can't seem to find out how as sometimes I just want cruise on going through speed restrictions 30-40 mph but get the radar which i only want at higher speeds

I would be surprised to see Radar Cruise Control on IS250. It is true that it was an option IS250, but I have only ever seen one on a single IS250C.

What I am trying to say - please double check if you not mistaken to have one as this is ultra rare option (if existent at all).

If you actually have one then, you can't just use simple cruise control without radar, but radar one should work fine even at 30MPH.

Guest bigbullhead

I must be lucky lol also found out how to have just normal cruise,push cruise stalk from reward at 35+ and it changes sorry they are Upside down 

IMG_0527.JPG

IMG_0528.JPG

On 19/11/2007 at 4:09 PM, Matus said:

its the bloody savings! :(

look inside beemer and new merc C, and you will see, that all of these save on interior parts. I'd like to see how new A4 goes.

Anyway, to your problem - first try to find the problem yourself. Maybe small piece of rag may fix things.

I had som creaky sounds from middle console - around the radio and also around the gearstick. I took the interior "shine" spray, which is oily, and I sprayed it inside all the way where the console meets the dasboard. I did this maybe in july and car is still silent as never till today, even when it's 0 degrees!

I did not spray it on the top of the console, because I was afraid that the oil may enter the radio...

Yeah they look great but - just start feeling around a mondeo or a mazda 6 and you can see they've built to a cost. 

Every car Ive owned has had atleast one rattle somewhere

So far, the IS300h has none and is dead silent - but then it only has 13k miles on the clock

Guest bigbullhead

I do but thought I would tag onto this so not to waste space on website lol the radar works withe the extra button below the display and sets cruise and if your car gets close to another it applies the brakes also you need to have your radar area clean from muck snow etc