Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hello,

i´m from Portugal, and i just bought my new lexus is220d one week ago!

I´m very happy with my new machine, but i discovered an anoying noise on the passenger seat, this happens when i´m going on the highway in 6th gear, it´s a vibration under the seat.

Another thing that happened to me, was the car didn´t want to open in a park, and i call the car dealer and he told me that i must hopen with the key because im in an area with big radio interference. Ok i accept that.

There is one thing on my mind, that i´m always asking to myself, what kind of lubrificant did the car bought, i say this because here in Portugal the dealer is using BP visco 5000, and the manual says that we should use BP visco 7000 sport. I ask the dealer and he told me, that they only use bp visco 7000, only if the custumer asks! What kind of oil do you use?

I´m thinking to change my oil and filter every 10.000km and the respective filter!

Give me adivise please!

Thanks From Portugal ( sorry my english)

Hello,

i´m from Portugal, and i just bought my new lexus is220d one week ago!

I´m very happy with my new machine, but i discovered an anoying noise on the passenger seat, this happens when i´m going on the highway in 6th gear, it´s a vibration under the seat.

Another thing that happened to me, was the car didn´t want to open in a park, and i call the car dealer and he told me that i must hopen with the key because im in an area with big radio interference. Ok i accept that.

There is one thing on my mind, that i´m always asking to myself, what kind of lubrificant did the car bought, i say this because here in Portugal the dealer is using BP visco 5000, and the manual says that we should use BP visco 7000 sport. I ask the dealer and he told me, that they only use bp visco 7000, only if the custumer asks! What kind of oil do you use?

I´m thinking to change my oil and filter every 10.000km and the respective filter!

Give me adivise please!

Thanks From Portugal ( sorry my english)

Welcome, someone will come along soon to help you, Im sure. In the meantime starman, you're not Christiano Ronaldo are you?

welcome! :)

at what speed was this? do you have long or short gearing?

Well my good friends, i´m not Cristiano Ronaldo unfortently :-), but adleast i´m a lucky guy who has a lexus is 220d, and that is enough for me!!!!

I have the short range gearbox, the car has all the upgrades, and my model brought a new gadget, when you start the car, after a few meters it locks automaticly the doors! I´m not very fun of it but whell it came for free!

Answering to the question my car already has the short gearbox, and the noise start when i´m going on the freeway in 6th gear at 120km/h, or 140km/h.

I have a question for all of you, what kind of oil do you use in the engine, i read the manual, and it says that i should use BP visco 7000 sport, but the dealer told me that they are using bp visco 5000, because is more cheapper, but i would like to know what oil does the car brings from the lexus factory. Thank you all for your repply.

Well my good friends, i´m not Cristiano Ronaldo unfortently :-), but adleast i´m a lucky guy who has a lexus is 220d, and that is enough for me!!!!

I have the short range gearbox, the car has all the upgrades, and my model brought a new gadget, when you start the car, after a few meters it locks automaticly the doors! I´m not very fun of it but whell it came for free!

Answering to the question my car already has the short gearbox, and the noise start when i´m going on the freeway in 6th gear at 120km/h, or 140km/h.

I have a question for all of you, what kind of oil do you use in the engine, i read the manual, and it says that i should use BP visco 7000 sport, but the dealer told me that they are using bp visco 5000, because is more cheapper, but i would like to know what oil does the car brings from the lexus factory. Thank you all for your repply.

C'mon somebody, help him. I don't know!

Hi,

Sorry cant help you with the oil thing but if you want yo can stop your doors automatically locking, Its explained in your manual in section 1-2 around page 48 (but thats the manual for the auto so may not be exactly the same)

the option for the auto are you can turn it off

Change it so it locks them when you take it out of park and Unlocks when put into park

or all doors are unlocked when the drivers door is opened within 10 secs of turning engine off

Col

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links