Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Ipod Control Solution For Oem Stereo Is200/300 Finally Found

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Can anyone tell me if I can hook up my GROM kit to a tomtom 930T to play through the stereo. Instead of using the FM transmittor facility?

Did you get the AUX cable too or just the iPod one in the end? If you've got the aux one, just get a cable to go from the 3.5mm stereo jack on the TomTom to the red and white cables - that's how my Bluetouch is hooked up to my grom unit..........works perfectly :)

Can anyone tell me if I can hook up my GROM kit to a tomtom 930T to play through the stereo. Instead of using the FM transmittor facility?

Did you get the AUX cable too or just the iPod one in the end? If you've got the aux one, just get a cable to go from the 3.5mm stereo jack on the TomTom to the red and white cables - that's how my Bluetouch is hooked up to my grom unit..........works perfectly :)

Yes mate, got both cables.

Can you point me in the direction of this cable? Also, are you sure your TT has a 20gb storage capacity for MP3's? The latest one only has 4gb? :unsure:

Yes mate, got both cables.

Can you point me in the direction of this cable? Also, are you sure your TT has a 20gb storage capacity for MP3's? The latest one only has 4gb? :unsure:

Thinking back, all the cables actually came with the grom. I've still got the converter as I didn't need it - it's a 3.5mm stereo jack to male RCA.......basically like THIS but without all the cable length. You can have this if you want, I don't need it :)

And yep, ours is a TomTom GO 910 (as in this LINKY) - got a 20gb hard drive with 12gig free to put whatever you want on it :whistling:

New ones only have 4gigs? Seems odd, bit of a step backwards imho.......

To SONNET

Big thanks to our German friend who brought the IPOD into my car, I have been looking for a device for the past 4 years.

I have an IS200 with Nav 04............it has been frustrating times without my collection of music!!!!!!!!

Went for a little drive tonight, listened to Radiohead and Faithless............could not believe the quality, brought my speakers to life

quick question, is the Grom unit meant to charge the IPOD also????????

Thanks again Sonnet

Jay B)

• 4 weeks later...

• 3 weeks later...

Hello everyone, i wonder if any one can help,about a year ago i bought a lexus is200 sport

and the cd player was broken so i sent it to Maple audio in Bath who fixed it for 220 pounds

which was great but now its broken again,i tried to load a cd and it got jammed under the

loading tray i removed the unit and managed to get the cds out easily enough but when i

reinstaled it only the radio comes on, when you press the cd button theres nothing not

even text. So i was wondering if the Grom ipod link would still work.

Any feed back would be much apprieciated thanks

• 2 weeks later...

I just received the version for my 07 RX400h, installation was easy (I got instructions from carstereoremoval.com to be safe) but its not working. My Ipod Nano charges but the system doesnt recognise the GROM. Mine has the 6DVD and sat nav.

Anyone else got experience with the RX audio?

Guys, my kit seems to be working as described although I'm not sure about one thing:

When you switch the car off, the ipod 'charging' symbol appears instead of turning it off completely - won't leaving it like this flatten the Battery of the car over time? I want to avoid having to connect and disconnect it everytime I get in the car.

Any advice would be much appreciated...

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys, just wanted to let you know that this doesn't charge the new Iphone 3G, still works and plays music but refuses to charge. something to do with the way apple have changed the 12v to 5v power source!!!!!!!

Unless one of you guys have somehow managed to get it to work........any advise would be helpful

Jay

Hey guys, just wanted to let you know that this doesn't charge the new IPHONE 3G, still works and plays music but refuses to charge. something to do with the way Apple have changed the 12v to 5v power source!!!!!!!

Unless one of you guys have somehow managed to get it to work........any advise would be helpful

Jay

Yes, this has come up before. I think Grom my be working on a new compatible one. Contact them to be sure.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi guys, i got my Grom adaptor this week and fitted it, It seems to charge the Ipod no problem but wont play anything even though the Ipod is playing.

I have a 2000 is200 sport with sat-nav and the dreaded ERR 3 message.

I removed the head unit and manually removed the trapped cd's but the unit still thinks there are 6 disks in it. I tried resetting the stereo using the under bonnet fuse as mentioned earlier in this post but it didnt do anything.

The unit is a 13902, how do i get it to switch to cd aux for the Ipod.

Help much appreciated.

Hi guys, i got my Grom adaptor this week and fitted it, It seems to charge the Ipod no problem but wont play anything even though the Ipod is playing.

I have a 2000 is200 sport with sat-nav and the dreaded ERR 3 message.

I removed the head unit and manually removed the trapped cd's but the unit still thinks there are 6 disks in it. I tried resetting the stereo using the under bonnet fuse as mentioned earlier in this post but it didnt do anything.

The unit is a 13902, how do i get it to switch to cd aux for the Ipod.

Help much appreciated.

Sure I've read on here before about the Grom adapter not working with the early head units 13902 mentioned in particular.

Think the check made at the time was whether the CD slot is at the top or bottom of the front panel.

Mines a 13903 and not sure if that one's OK either.

Good luck.

TG

• 2 weeks later...

hiya guys, this has got to be my favourite topic ever. i've been reading it for weeks and i ordered my grom couple days ago.

so excited, cant wait for it to come. my stereo is a 13904, anyone tried it on this?

also can i select my own tracks using the ipod or is it totally random unless a playlist is selected

and as i think someone mentioned earlier, does it continue to charge through the night of does it stop when engine cuts out?

thanks for any input guys

Hi guys

My lex is IS300, Just a quick question before i purchase the GROM

1. After installing the GROM and playin tracks what happens to the MINI SCREEN ON THE IPOD? does it show the tracks played too? Or does it show the message 'Do not Disconnect'? or does it go blank?

Because if u can see what you are playing on the IPOD using the IPOD SCREEN then it easier to navigate using OEM to ur named tracks and artists once your on Playlist ( advanced mode).

Hi guys

My lex is IS300, Just a quick question before i purchase the GROM

1. After installing the GROM and playin tracks what happens to the MINI SCREEN ON THE IPOD? does it show the tracks played too? Or does it show the message 'Do not Disconnect'? or does it go blank?

Because if u can see what you are playing on the IPOD using the IPOD SCREEN then it easier to navigate using OEM to ur named tracks and artists once your on Playlist ( advanced mode).

1. It will show the track being played :)

If you are on "disk 2" or higher, which is your saved playlists on your ipod, then the song will appear but after the predefined time when backlight goes off you wont see anything. Even if you change song or touch the dial, screen does not light up.

Only solution is to set the backlight to stay ON all the time, which means that if you close your stereo, ipod screen will remain on all the time saying that is charging.

If you are on "disk 1" which means you select from the ipod what playlist to play, then song appears and if screen goes off after the predefined time, if you touch the dial or change song, the screen will light up again.

Hope i helped.

i got mine this morning! got suffer all day at work now till i can get home and install it.

Anyone know if its easy to remove the centre cover (by the gear stick and handbrake) so i can feed the cable through to the little compartment?

i got mine this morning! got suffer all day at work now till i can get home and install it.

Anyone know if its easy to remove the centre cover (by the gear stick and handbrake) so i can feed the cable through to the little compartment?

Mate,

everything you need to know for installing the grom you can find in hando's brilliant step by step guide with pics. Just follow the link

How To Install The Gromaudio Ipod Adaptor In 1st Gen Is, (also headunit removal)

The installation should only take you between 20 and 50 minutes.

Have fun :)

Cheers

Sonnet

Mate,

everything you need to know for installing the grom you can find in hando's brilliant step by step guide with pics. Just follow the link

How To Install The Gromaudio Ipod Adaptor In 1st Gen Is, (also headunit removal)

The installation should only take you between 20 and 50 minutes.

Have fun :)

Cheers

Sonnet

hiya sonnet, thanks firstly for this amazing find, ive installed it tonight and works waaay beyond my expectations. absolutely perfect.

when i mentioned about removing the centre console i meant by the handbrake and gear knob as i want the ipod in the compartment by the handbrake, especially as in simple mode you can choose the tracks on the ipod itself, i dont want to be leaning across to the glove box

also i have noticed it continues to charge when engine is off? surely this could flatten the Battery?

but once again, thanks sonnet, you made me very happy!!

Ok, so after a morning of bodging and fixing and not really knowing what im doing i have managed the result i was looking for......

DSC00022.jpg

nicely tucked out the way, no cables showing, in simple mode i can select the track i want with ease and safely, and anyone else in the car can browse the music selection too.

oh and as for the charging symbol when the engine is off, this is the statement in the handbook...

"when you turn your car stereo or car ignition off the ipod automatically will go into sleep mode. In he sllep mode the ipod will still consume very little power from the car Battery. There is no need to disconnect the ipod everytime you turn off the car. However, it is strongly advised that you disconnect the ipod if you plan not to operate your car for 1 week or more"

Hope that answered the question

If you are on "disk 2" or higher, which is your saved playlists on your ipod, then the song will appear but after the predefined time when backlight goes off you wont see anything. Even if you change song or touch the dial, screen does not light up.

Only solution is to set the backlight to stay ON all the time, which means that if you close your stereo, ipod screen will remain on all the time saying that is charging.

If you are on "disk 1" which means you select from the ipod what playlist to play, then song appears and if screen goes off after the predefined time, if you touch the dial or change song, the screen will light up again.

Hope i helped.

Hi DimitrisTS and the rest

Thanks for the info and u have been very very helpful. Another quick question WHERE THE HELL WILL I PLACE THE IPOD SO THAT I CAN SEE WHAT AM PLAYING....i have ran out of ideas...SHARE SOME WITH ME PLEASE....watever the case even if it is modification

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links