Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Ipod Control Solution For Oem Stereo Is200/300 Finally Found

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Folks, I would just like to say a quick thank you to all who have contributed to this tread. I received my kit this morning and thanks to the great work instructions posted here I have been able to install in under an hour.

Cheers

Frosty

Great stuff - glad it's working for you - it's a great bit of kit. I've taken to driving around with the whole of my ipod on random - if you don't feel like a certain tune just move to the next one. It's like the best digital radio station in the world - you never know what will be played next but you know that you'll like it :)

hi can anyone who hase one of the GROM adaptors confirm that it works with the ipod touch please i mailed the company through ebay but as yet not heard back

I can't confirm this but it's meant to work with all ipod's gen 4 and up (gen 4 is the Video ipod).

I'd suggest you mail the company that makes it directly rather than the eBay seller - GromAudio have been pretty speedy in responses in the past.

Web mail query thingy here.

Or you could even ring them - they're west coast US so ring late in the evening UK time.

just thought id let you know, i received an email from grom today, saying they have done a software update on the unit or something and that they are sending it me in the post.

not sure what this consists off, so i have emailed them back to ask and will update on here once i find out.

Hi Guys

Firstly thanks to Sonnet for a great find.

I received the audio adapter from Grom a couple of weeks ago and just got round to fitting (more like got away from the girlfriend). I removed the seat heater controls, vent and un-did the bolts.

Pulled the stereo out, chose the obvious choice of 2 cables that came with the adapter plugged it in connected my iPod Touch and hey presto it works all in about 10 minutes.

FANTASTIC.....Hand shakes and manly back slapping all round to Sonnet.

I have a question about a electronic box type thing that is under the dash tray....What is it?

The cable that is plugged in at the far left of the box runs down behind the stereo were it was just hanging with a cut off end....What did it do or should do?

Cheers

Alex

post-6055-1201978285.jpg

Hi Guys

Firstly thanks to Sonnet for a great find.

I received the audio adapter from Grom a couple of weeks ago and just got round to fitting (more like got away from the girlfriend). I removed the seat heater controls, vent and un-did the bolts.

Pulled the stereo out, chose the obvious choice of 2 cables that came with the adapter plugged it in connected my iPod Touch and hey presto it works all in about 10 minutes.

FANTASTIC.....Hand shakes and manly back slapping all round to Sonnet.

I have a question about a electronic box type thing that is under the dash tray....What is it?

The cable that is plugged in at the far left of the box runs down behind the stereo were it was just hanging with a cut off end....What did it do or should do?

Cheers

Alex

Looks like a nokia handsfree kit to me (non Bluetooth probably) but worth keeping there in case it is or if you do get a nokia Bluetooth kit cos the wiring/connections are the same.

I received the update for my non-working ipod interface today.... and it's not better. I'm very deceptive of this unefficient work....

i received 1 which doesnt work properly and they said they would send an update so i hope mine works properly once the new one arrives out of curiousity what is wrong with your adapter mine works for about 10 mins the switches back to radio and i have to restart the car and sometimes it just plays the music but wont let me control the ipod from HU and even then still shuts off after 10 mins

I received the update for my non-working ipod interface today.... and it's not better. I'm very deceptive of this unefficient work....

i received 1 which doesnt work properly and they said they would send an update so i hope mine works properly once the new one arrives out of curiousity what is wrong with your adapter mine works for about 10 mins the switches back to radio and i have to restart the car and sometimes it just plays the music but wont let me control the ipod from HU and even then still shuts off after 10 mins

me and powerpuff mookie have the same problem in the face that the unit doesnt work at all.

me and powerpuff mookie have the same problem in the face that the unit doesnt work at all.

It seems that I received a wrong microchip. Dimitri (from grom audio) said that he will send me another chip. I hope that it will be the good one this time!

It seems that I received a wrong microchip. Dimitri (from grom audio) said that he will send me another chip. I hope that it will be the good one this time!

i was told i have the wrond chip also seems to be everytime someone has a problem thats what they say i really hope the new one works if not ill be a little peeved of

not had chance to see if mine works since i received the new chip, im guessing mine too wont work, will have a bash tomorrow.

not had chance to see if mine works since i received the new chip, im guessing mine too wont work, will have a bash tomorrow.

let us no how you get on with it

mine seems to work for a while the stops recognizing the adapter and goes back to the radio and only way i can get it back on is to restart the car

the sometimes it wont let me control the unit from the HU

• 2 weeks later...

Mmmm, installed mine, no problems.....However. It takes about 10mins for the HU to see the IPOD after I start the engine, is this right? with the engine not running its there immediately, most of the time.

Am I missing something like a "scan all CD changers" button combination?? or a Reset HU by certain button presses at the same time.

I have the 13903 if that helps.

apart from that when it works it sounds the dogs you know whats....!!