Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Engine / Trc Off Lights Flashing

blahmartinblah

Hi

I have a 99 IS200 Sport.

This morning on the way to work I was driving on the motorway at about 40mph when my engine light started flashing. I was just turning off so gently drove the car to a safe place to stop. The car did seem to be running slightly rough when I had to accelerate up a light hill as I parked. I turned the car off then on, and the light didn’t flash again.

My work is only 0.5miles from where I stopped, so I continued my journey. The engine light started flashing again, then the TRC OFF light started flashing too.

Last week the TRC OFF light flashed once or twice too, but today was the first time I’ve seen the check engine light.

1. Any ideas where to look? I have a obd scanner for my PC, but no software to use. Can anyone recommend something?

2. Any ideas for basic things to check on the car?

3. I have a 40 mile journey home tonight. Would anyone risk driving the car?

Martin.

u can download free OBD software from the net at loads of sites try that 4 a code.

get the code then do an ecu reset and see what happens, but as it flashed before something is wrong, i would check what it is first before doing 40 miles

u can download free OBD software from the net at loads of sites try that 4 a code.

get the code then do an ecu reset and see what happens, but as it flashed before something is wrong, i would check what it is first before doing 40 miles

Thanks mate. Will take the car to a local garage to get it scanned to see how safe it is to drive. I'm annoyed, I just realised left my OBD2 cable at home... best to leave it in the car huh!

Martin.

I got the codes scanned by my local friendly garage for free.

Misfiring on cylinder 1/2/3. Cleared the codes and restarted the engine, then only misfiring on cylinder 3 came up.

I'll check the spark plugs tonight... but where is the cheapest place to get a coil pack? Toyota quoted me £88+VAT.. don't really want to pay that. Anyone got a second hand one?

Martin.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 1 month later...

mine does this traction control light on and engine light on plugged it in got missfire on 1 and 3 i reckon coilpacks i would like to borrow a pair before i lay out on new ones incase it dont fix it

Hi anyone I have a 201 Lexus IS200 which the engine light and TRC light come on and it is misfiring. The AA come out, the 4th cylinder is misfiring and the wrote on the report sheet PO3044. Can anyone tell me what parts I need and where is a cheep place to get them from?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi anyone I have a 201 Lexus IS200 which the engine light and TRC light come on and it is misfiring. The AA come out, the 4th cylinder is misfiring and the wrote on the report sheet PO3044. Can anyone tell me what parts I need and where is a cheep place to get them from?

Try this OBD-II, looks like misfire on cylinder 4, probably need a coilpack, going by other posters on the forums, Genuine article seems to be the best option, but i dont know as i havent used any copies yet?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links