Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Aftermarket Stereo Fitting

The factory fit stereo in my 2000 IS200SE is getting increasingly temperamental and I suspect that the dreaded err3 code is close. Therefore I’ve decided go down the aftermarket route and install one of these.

I've done a search of the forum and I've found various sources for the facia plate, such as ebay but I’m still confused about connection issues.

The Sony has a 16P connector type and a JASO ant connector. Will this fit my car or will I need adaptors? If I do need adaptors does anyone know where I can get the right ones?

Any advice/help would be greatly appreciated.

The factory fit stereo in my 2000 IS200SE is getting increasingly temperamental and I suspect that the dreaded err3 code is close. Therefore I’ve decided go down the aftermarket route and install one of these.

I've done a search of the forum and I've found various sources for the facia plate, such as ebay but I’m still confused about connection issues.

The Sony has a 16P connector type and a JASO ant connector. Will this fit my car or will I need adaptors? If I do need adaptors does anyone know where I can get the right ones?

Any advice/help would be greatly appreciated.

I wouldnt go for the autoleads facia in the link you gave, you can order s facia plate from lexus which is much better match to the rest of the dash. you need to get the amp bypass lead off eBay for the easiest way to connect ur new HU. No adapters needed for the antenna as far as i know, im presuming the sony headunit is using standardised connections

I wouldnt go for the autoleads facia in the link you gave, you can order a facia plate from lexus

which is much better match to the rest of the dash.

The problem with that Toyota panel is that you lose the heated seat buttons.

You also have to cut out a hole for the head unit.

Toyota Part No 55413-53010

TOYOTABLANKINGPLATE1.jpg

Admittedly the Autoleads facia could be finished more like the standard dash, but myself and

others have successfully modified it to match perfectly well without any dramas.

Standard replacement Autoleads Fascia FP-25-00 with a Flip face dvd fitted

(note the sandpaper rough finish that does not match the dash)

AutoleadsFaciaOriginal.jpg

Autoleads Fascia after a bit of modding

HeadUnitAlpineCDA-9855R.jpg

I am currently doing a walkthru for the mod. Will post it up this weekend if I have the time.

If you PM me your email I have a Dash/Radio removal walkthru too to help you getting it

out and back together if you want it.

hope this helps you Red

Wozza

If you have the sat nav too (think so with the SE in your profile) you need a bypass box so the sat nav works aswell.

http://www.fargosys.com/html/sat_nav_bypass_module.html

But you need to read this too http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/ind...7720&st=220 as the wires were different in the SE.

I haven't got sat nav. Living on the Isle of Man it really isn't necessary as there's a limit to how far you can drive (no speed limits out of town though :winky: )

• 4 months later...

Hi guys , new to this scene also, looking to get rid of standard headunit due to it eating my cds and a quote of £1500 from lexus for a new one!

double din looks like the thing to go for , also lookin at getting a sub in the boot to enhance the sound a bit, but ive been told that i have to make sure that

it isnt a cambus wire system or i cant do it, or if so i need to get a conversion cable because of it being multiplex cabling which carries all the voltages through the main cable, having preouts on the back of a new headunit shouldnt pose a problem as 99% of them all do.

I dont know if theyres any good makes or facias or watnot , and where i should start as i can only guess this isnt a five minute job!

cheers guys.

If you do a search fella this has been covered a lot!

basically you need the by pass cable from eBay and the fascia's like woz explains above.

Then if you want a sub its just like fitting one in any other car after that.

Hey guys just to let ya know ive done my research and things are going ahead, just to give u a bit of info i will take before and after pics for my new install,

will be having it all done this wed so will have pics uploaded and to view by this thursday, should be good i spent enough! lol

• 5 years later...

Hey guys.....I'm also fitting an after-market stereo.....I've worked out all the fitting, that's no problem I've got the bypass lead but cant work out where it goes in the passenger side foot well, there are so many wires around the fuse box but I cant seem to find the one that fits. any help will be greatly appreciated thanks

Hi if you unclip the glovebox to the left hand side you will see the amp you have too put your hand up the back of dash too access the plug it's the bigger one of the 2 plugs, hope this helps

post-48170-0-52368000-1394875080_thumb.j

post-48170-0-62898200-1394875191_thumb.j

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links