Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Are The Us Is300 Headlights The Same As Our Is200 Headlights

no, the US headlights contain the HID pack, also the plug connectors are different, and the US headlights do not dip, to the left as UK lights do

Actually most of them don't have HID's, but anyway it's only the housing I would buy.

I'm from Belgium so that's the same side they dip.

So the plugs are the problem..

if dipped lights are a requirement for cars on Belgium roads then yeah, it would fail. But it would be the same as driving with blue side lights, or hid conversions that arent OEM (even if the car has head light washers)...... just take 'em off before the test.

how's your sis' liking the car Ibby??

Apparently IS300 lights are just slightly a different shape and don't fit on the 200. They can be made to fit but not without extensive modifying. I'm told the wings are wider on the 300 and the unit is a very slightly different shape. Shame because the 300 headlights are nice.

Apparently IS300 lights are just slightly a different shape and don't fit on the 200.

no, the lights are the same shape

They can be made to fit but not without extensive modifying.

the modifications are quite easy, only a small amount of trimming is required, more so if HID units are fitted

I'm told the wings are wider on the 300 and the unit is a very slightly different shape.

the wings are the same width, and length, only difference is the mount for the light, which is spaced slightly further apart, and there is no opening for the indicator side light

Shame because the 300 headlights are nice.

use UK HID lights, look the same, have HID and require the same work to fit

jae9.jpg

24march2007wiringandlights4.jpg

Apparently IS300 lights are just slightly a different shape and don't fit on the 200.

no, the lights are the same shape

They can be made to fit but not without extensive modifying.

the modifications are quite easy, only a small amount of trimming is required, more so if HID units are fitted

I'm told the wings are wider on the 300 and the unit is a very slightly different shape.

the wings are the same width, and length, only difference is the mount for the light, which is spaced slightly further apart, and there is no opening for the indicator side light

Shame because the 300 headlights are nice.

use UK HID lights, look the same, have HID and require the same work to fit

jae9.jpg

24march2007wiringandlights4.jpg

So basically I was wrong?!!

• 2 years later...

So there is no problem with fitting an IS300 headlight on IS200 (same shape, same mounting spots). What about the different connector issue?

is300 lights will fit if you cut a piece of metal out from the inner part of the wing.

if the lights are for the US market then they will not pass a UK mot. they kick up on the right hand side!!

i bought 2 hid kits for each headlights. both sets fitted without modification of the connector plugs!!

i have the halo projector US items on my lexus and i have to change it for the mot

is300 lights will fit if you cut a piece of metal out from the inner part of the wing.

if the lights are for the US market then they will not pass a UK mot. they kick up on the right hand side!!

i bought 2 hid kits for each headlights. both sets fitted without modification of the connector plugs!!

i have the halo projector US items on my lexus and i have to change it for the mot

Nice! I don't expect problems with the mot, cause we drive on the right side of the road just as they do in the US.

Are your headlights for IS300?

Is this piece of metal you speak of behind the headlight unit? You don't happen to have pics of this (your) customization?

the headlights point straight with a kick up on the right hand side.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/IS300-99-05-Black-CC...=item1c0bbb81ab

these are the headlights i have!!

pop a headlight out of ur car. it will be apparent what needs to be cut out. i havent got a picture of the wings. get hold of a dremel or similar with a cutting wheel so u can trim the metal away. file away the sharp edges after and put a bit of paint over it cut edges to protect from them rusting. after messing about u would probably have it done in an hour or so.

the headlights point straight with a kick up on the right hand side.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/IS300-99-05-Black-CC...=item1c0bbb81ab

these are the headlights i have!!

pop a headlight out of ur car. it will be apparent what needs to be cut out. i havent got a picture of the wings. get hold of a dremel or similar with a cutting wheel so u can trim the metal away. file away the sharp edges after and put a bit of paint over it cut edges to protect from them rusting. after messing about u would probably have it done in an hour or so.

exactly the lights I was considering for my is200. and yes, please post some pics for us to admire :)

DSC00467.jpg

different bumper on the car now but i dont have a recent pic of the car. but theres the headlights fitted.

Niiiiiicee :D

It looks great. Do you know if the headlights work with the standard lexus halogen bulbs? I don't have the HID kits yet, so I'd like to use them with my current (original lexus) lights configuration... at least till I get those HIDs.

no u cant use the bulbs you get with the headlights. i assume they supply the bulbs with the headlights thinking ur buying them for the is300 with the ballasts you already have. but as we are fitting them to the 200 we dont have the factory hids.

i bought 2 hid kits when i ordered the headlights and just fitted it all together. think i paid about £40 for each kit. i didnt buy the expensive kit. not worth it imo.

one thing i did do was undo the cover on the bottom of the headlight and i put the little ballast for the leds inside the headlight, and i fed the wires thru the headlight. just means you dont have a ballast hanging seperately for the leds.

• 3 months later...

different bumper on the car now but i dont have a recent pic of the car. but theres the headlights fitted.

Niiiiiicee :D

It looks great. Do you know if the headlights work with the standard lexus halogen bulbs? I don't have the HID kits yet, so I'd like to use them with my current (original lexus) lights configuration... at least till I get those HIDs.

Sorted first; nice headlights ;)

But are there turnlights in the CCFL headlights? cauz looks like it doesnt @ your picture above. (It does @ ebay)

And what about the dippedlights... am I wrong when I say that the angeleyes (rings) became the dippedlights? So you'll only have high beam/driving beam?

(@ WylieCoyote...) there's no turnlight space in the UK unit? right?

when you say turn lights, u mean indicators? the indicators/turn lights are still in the same position. but there are 2 bulbs instead of one. u may want to put an extra plug in to connect the second bulb up but im just using the top bulb.

the headlights work exactly the same as the standard ones. main beam is the outer and the high beam is the inner light. the angel lights and lower leds work as the sidelights.

guys these headlights are a pain when it comes to mot and you have to change them, but i reckon they look the nuts and everyone comments on them.