Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Disaster

cho

It's comforting to here that TDI will stand by there clients and I would like to thank him for these reassuring comments

Agreed..... Asking for an independent report is an honorable step in the right direction.

:offtopic: Gord if you have a complaint about how i run wim/forum please pm me.

I did Tony, sometime ago now :D you never returned it :winky:

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It's comforting to here that TDI will stand by there clients and I would like to thank him for these reassuring comments

Agreed..... Asking for an independent report is an honorable step in the right direction.

:offtopic: Gord if you have a complaint about how i run wim/forum please pm me.

I did Tony, sometime ago now :D you never returned it :winky:

:offtopic: I did send you an explanation in wim but the exclusion denied you the opportunity to read the pm.... I apologize for that "hands up".

You have a pm.

I was wondering how useful an engineers report is going to be in identifying where the blame lies for the thrown rod in my engine. It seems clear to me after some consideration that surely if there was no problem ever with my car before undergoing the stage 1 conversion it is obvious that it is down to the work carried out being outside the safe limits of my engine. TDI clearly state that a 1G-FE engine can handle 0.5 bar of boost without the need for forged internals and furthermore they only recommend this as part of any further upgrade e.g. stage 2. I don’t believe my engine would have suffered the same fate had I left the car running the standard TTE setup. A company like TTE would have extensively tested there product and it would have been well within the safe limits of the engine. However I don't feel that the TDI upgrade could have been tested to the same level. Surely then it is quite clear that TDI should take some sort of responsibility for the damage. Do I really need to go to the extra expense of having and engineers report done and all the other associated costs?

i'm afraid proving it is the problem.

As simple as it may seem to you there's always an argument that it would have happened anyway upgrade or not.

My own personal opinion is that the mapping/fuelling seemed wrong by the fact the lights were on on the dash and the high idle, also that your opinion may well be right, but i'm certainly no expert and i'm afraid its only my opinion.

Good luck getting it sorted though mate.

Stav

i'm afraid proving it is the problem.

As simple as it may seem to you there's always an argument that it would have happened anyway upgrade or not.

My own personal opinion is that the mapping/fuelling seemed wrong by the fact the lights were on on the dash and the high idle, also that your opinion may well be right, but i'm certainly no expert and i'm afraid its only my opinion.

Good luck getting it sorted though mate.

Stav

Thanks Stav, TDI are sending me the full map by CD today so this sould be helpfull, they have been co-operative

As Stav has said Cho, I to dont think your car was running right coz of the lights, all of the cars that ive seen from the company that you used smell of petrol, as in running very rich.

The rod could have gone with your standard TTE set-up as it did to Chris s, you just might have had a weak rod Cho. I know you might think different, but when you sit down and think about it, it could of been a weak rod.

I dont know what you still wanting out of your car, but the way i would go is, get myself another engine, get all the eng/man/lights off, you will need to find out what making them come on 1st.

As Stav has said Cho, I to dont think your car was running right coz of the lights, all of the cars that ive seen from the company that you used smell of petrol, as in running very rich.

The rod could have gone with your standard TTE set-up as it did to Chris s, you just might have had a weak rod Cho. I know you might think different, but when you sit down and think about it, it could of been a weak rod.

I dont know what you still wanting out of your car, but the way i would go is, get myself another engine, get all the eng/man/lights off, you will need to find out what making them come on 1st.

I guess your right mate the thing is I had the car from new and its just hard to believe that having done 69k in it everything was fine and having done in the region of 500 after the stage 1 it died on me. You are right though, it may have been a week rod but that just leaves me with a 1.5 ton paper weight sitting on my drive way.

I want my car to be reliable and fast. I am willing to take my time getting there as the last thing I want is for this to happen again

What im not understanding is, you say you payed £5500 for only 7bhp more than standard tte one.

What sort of bhp was you expecting ?

For what its worth & from whats been posted it seems that the company who did the work are being reasonable.

The mapping data should give an independant party an idea of if that was done responsibly. If the answer is yes then I honestly can't see any mileage in getting an engineers report. If however the boost the conversion was running was over .5 bar things may get sticky.

What I still can't get my head round is why the power gain was so small (7 bhp over Lee Icemans std TTE s/c'd car)

I hold the view that the most bhp you can get from the TTE s/c'd IS2 is 245/250 bhp. Your cars output & Yemgis sort of prove this.

If you want bigger power than that you need to go Turbo or chnage the supercharger to a Rotrex or Lysholm (and do the internals)

This equals big ££££££££££££

If you want the lexus badge and big power theres only one thing to do................rebadge a Toyota Aristo V300 as a Lexus. I'm not being sarcastic. for £5.5k I had uprated suspension and anti roll bars fitted -- boost upgrade -- V Spec intercooler -- 3" exhaust custom made -- and HKS RSK induction kit -- uprated fuel pump easy 400 bhp and handling to match........

Hope it all gets sorted ASAP either way

I gained over 40 hp at the Hubs from the work done

Yemgi has said that his HKS FCON can read the boost that he was running, said so on a post on here.

Can yours do the same, coz if you was running over the safe 0.5 you might have a case.

Here it is...........................

Not yet but intake boost is available from the FCON and was 0.3 with the standard setup, is 0.45 with the Katana intercooler and has been 0.65 with the Katana intercooler and the stage 1 pulley

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Looks like Yemgi was running @ 0.65 with stage 1 pulley, if yours was running @ 0.65 you should have a very good case, as the company you used knows thats this is to high a boost with standard internals :D

Did you have a pre work dyno and a post work dyno ?

I say that as Lee's car is bog standard IS2 TTE s/c and was dyno'd on the same dyno as yours

Yes I did, the car was running about 153 hp at the hubs before the upgrade.

Did you have a pre work dyno and a post work dyno ?

I say that as Lee's car is bog standard IS2 TTE s/c and was dyno'd on the same dyno as yours

Yes I did, the car was running about 153 hp at the hubs before the upgrade.

Can't understand that at all.

Lees car is standard

153 is low as well though with a s/c

Yes I have the charts but not with me at the moment, the same dyno was used both times. I don't know if the A/F is on the charts but there is extra info on the back and TDI are also sending me the full mapping output for my car from the dyno.