Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

The Gs300 ...saved from the scrappy

How much are the double din stereo facia's lads? Never seen any kicking about. Or Monster Mat, how much would your 2nd one be? ;)

wait fore the second one to turn up and its yours, for what i pay for it

Im in no rush at all bud, my car has been out of action due to HG failure anyway. Just waiting untill im well enough to fix so PM whenever :)

Not expensive for the plate, £15 or there abouts. Part No 55412-30430.

I used the cubby hole bit as well on mine as the stereo is single din. Costs £23'ish + vat. Part No 55521-32011. They are Toyota part numbers, Lexus don't do the equivelent.

Thanks for that TF, is that £15ish for the actual double din facia? Have actually got a couple of the single din Toyota pockets already from running single din units in my MR2 briefly. JDM double dins much better though ;)

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How much are the double din stereo facia's lads? Never seen any kicking about. Or Monster Mat, how much would your 2nd one be? ;)

wait fore the second one to turn up and its yours, for what i pay for it

Im in no rush at all bud, my car has been out of action due to HG failure anyway. Just waiting untill im well enough to fix so PM whenever :)

Not expensive for the plate, £15 or there abouts. Part No 55412-30430.

I used the cubby hole bit as well on mine as the stereo is single din. Costs £23'ish + vat. Part No 55521-32011. They are Toyota part numbers, Lexus don't do the equivelent.

Thanks for that TF, is that £15ish for the actual double din facia? Have actually got a couple of the single din Toyota pockets already from running single din units in my MR2 briefly. JDM double dins much better though ;)

Yup, that is for the double din fascia plate only. No brackets.

Nice, thanks. Sorry for all the questions but are different brackets required or are the originals fine? My other Toyota's brackets are suitable for both single & double dins so imagined the GS would be the same with it being a large head unit.

Nice, thanks. Sorry for all the questions but are different brackets required or are the originals fine? My other Toyota's brackets are suitable for both single & double dins so imagined the GS would be the same with it being a large head unit.

Nope, the existing brackets are no good. That's why I was asking Matt what the part numbers were on the brackets in his pic above. The fascia plate is a push fit into four sprung slots on the brackets, those slots are missing on the standard brackets as the stereo head unit takes up all of the space. I made my own brackets cutting bits out of a spare set of original brackets and using wood to make the missing bits. I would like to put proper ones in once I have the part numbers. The dealer said there were none, but Matts pic show otherwise :)

• 4 weeks later...
i have the part number for a couple of toyota brackets, these brackets are just one P/N i ordered not sure if they will be the correct ones yet, will see when the second set of brackets and DD fascia tips up

Any details on these brackets yet Mat? I'm considering a double Din unit for my car and want to use proper brackets this time rather than DIY'ed ones.

i have the part number for a couple of toyota brackets, these brackets are just one P/N i ordered not sure if they will be the correct ones yet, will see when the second set of brackets and DD fascia tips up

Any details on these brackets yet Mat? I'm considering a double Din unit for my car and want to use proper brackets this time rather than DIY'ed ones.

Mat is currently in limbo moving from Germany to the UK

I am sure he will get back to this as soon as he gets settled in

Mat is currently in limbo moving from Germany to the UK

I am sure he will get back to this as soon as he gets settled in

OK, thanks Bazza.

• 2 months later...

Hi Monster,

Have some questions, from where did You get this Tein ? Can I have product number ? is this same as in JZ160 ? I have problems to buy Tein in Poland.

Where did You bought 2DIN facia ? and how did You connected new HiFi to OEM installation ? is there any spare plug and wires kit ?

Thanx a lot :)

• 4 months later...

sorry to drag up an old thread

did the radio brackets work

im ordering the facia and the pocket but need numbers for the brackets

i understand from the friendly toyota parts bloke that there is nothing listed for the lexus gs300

but for the aristo jzs147 there is loads of types

just wondered how you got on and did it work

cheers

well its not playing game at the moment, it sounds like one of the diff bearings may have gone, the old oil that came out, was not in a good way, ive got another diff, will fit it possibly in a week or so.

just fitted new discs pads and shoes to the rear

i will have to dig the numbers out, thought i had posted them.

however i never fitted the brackets fascia or radio yet as ive been busy with work and other things, and the Gs is low on my list at the mo