Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is350 Calipers

Tango

Excellent Terry looks ace...whats next on the agenda..?

Those uprated front brakes appear to have been all that's been stopping me, as during its first M.O.T at the end of last month the local stealership discovered the sliders on the rear calipers were seized :crying: . The 3 year warranty had expired the day before, but brownie points to Lexus Cheltenham as they phoned Lexus GB and replaced both rear calipers under warranty. Apparently it's a common problem so may be a recall.

Needless to say the braking is now exceptional :blush: although I now get brake dust on the rear wheels again :lol: None on the front though, that ceramic based pad material is great.

Next on the agenda is a set of camber adjusters for the front, as despite the best efforts of Dr Bones we have inner tyre wear due to excessive camber. The Toyo T1-R's have still managed 22K miles, but they'll need changing before 24K.

The bad news is that no one has manufactured a camber kit for the second generation IS. TH Motorsports in the States have a design and are asking for a local 250/350 owner to volunteer their car as a donor car, but so far no one has taken the offer. I've queried Eibach in the UK but yet to receive an answer.

• 2 months later...
Excellent Terry looks ace...whats next on the agenda..?

Those uprated front brakes appear to have been all that's been stopping me, as during its first M.O.T at the end of last month the local stealership discovered the sliders on the rear calipers were seized :crying: . The 3 year warranty had expired the day before, but brownie points to Lexus Cheltenham as they phoned Lexus GB and replaced both rear calipers under warranty. Apparently it's a common problem so may be a recall.

Needless to say the braking is now exceptional :blush: although I now get brake dust on the rear wheels again :lol: None on the front though, that ceramic based pad material is great.

Next on the agenda is a set of camber adjusters for the front, as despite the best efforts of Dr Bones we have inner tyre wear due to excessive camber. The Toyo T1-R's have still managed 22K miles, but they'll need changing before 24K.

The bad news is that no one has manufactured a camber kit for the second generation IS. TH Motorsports in the States have a design and are asking for a local 250/350 owner to volunteer their car as a donor car, but so far no one has taken the offer. I've queried Eibach in the UK but yet to receive an answer.

Try giving Megan Racing a call, they have things in development not posted on their website. I have their rear adjustable arms, good quality. http://www.meganracing.com/products/product_page.asp?catid=4

Good luck.

Try giving Megan Racing a call, they have things in development not posted on their website. I have their rear adjustable arms, good quality. http://www.meganracing.com/products/product_page.asp?catid=4

Thanks for that :) . They do not have front camber adjusters for the second generation IS (yet), although strangely they have toe & camber adjusters for the rear, which I really do not have a problem with.

Just changed the 275/30/19 T1-R tyres on the rear and the wear pattern was down to the wear indicator blocks, but absolutely even across the whole width, even with the negative camber (still within OEM tolerances).

The fronts didn't fare so well as they had worn on the inside edges due to the excessive camber which is the result of fitting the USA Eibach Pro lowering springs (-1.25"). However, Eibach USA have now designed and manufactured front camber adjusters for the 250/350 and I have these on order. Delivery should be in the next couple of weeks so my new front 235/35/19 T1-R's shouldn't suffer from the same problem.