Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Fitting Lowering Springs

Rob's Lexx

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol, don't worry bout the scrape marks mate, feel more sorry for ur undercarriage, lol!!

it was amazing how much better it looked straight away wasn't it?!?! can't wait to sort the rest out tomorrow!!

thanks for popping round mate. really good of you. i'll be updating my car thread tomorrow with pics of both springs and my latest purchase :winky: :winky: :whistling: :whistling: B) :D

It saved you having to come and pic it up mate and i was bored :D cant wait to see the pics of them fitted as going by how the front looked it'll look very good B) I'm going to have a look under my car tomorrow to see where its catching the road as it seemed to be in the middle of the car by the marks it left on the path and i thought it was the exhaust on the drivers side so it looks like it could be the diff which wont be very good as it catches now and again on the road when i'm driving?? :huh:

edit : just thought Rob have they dragged that A class out of the wall yet? :lol::lol:

When i fitted my Tein springs i thought they would settle but i cant say i have noticed any difference since i fitted them mate and thats been 6 months so i wouldnt expect it to drop much more if any at all

apparently the eibachs do settle out more over a couple of weeks, and the drop is lower than the tein s tech springs (is that what u have fella?? or you got coilovers??)

When i fitted my Tein springs i thought they would settle but i cant say i have noticed any difference since i fitted them mate and thats been 6 months so i wouldnt expect it to drop much more if any at all

apparently the eibachs do settle out more over a couple of weeks, and the drop is lower than the tein s tech springs (is that what u have fella?? or you got coilovers??)

I have the tein s tech i think they were supposed to be 35mm on the front and 23mm on the rear but the back still sits a fraction lower and i thought the front would drop a bit but never has

I keep reiterating this point about the S.Techs though, they are supposedly not meant to have a decent height drop, but I have to say that it really has made a cracking difference on mine. The back end sits perfectly with the wheel and the front just right. I was very pleased in all honesty :)

Hope you get the rears sorted out today mate and I'm looking forward to seeing the finalised pictures!

Well done as well so far!

Jamie

Well, they're all fitted and the car looks great with its more aggressive stance.

The biggest PITA was removing all those carpet clips in the boot!! :tsktsk: :whistling:

Car sits SOOOO much better and after a 'casual' :whistling: test drive, its immediately obvious how much better it handles. Body roll is radically reduced and it goes exactly where i want it. The weather isn't the best at the minute, so summer should be fun, but it really is a cracking mod IMHO.

The front is settling nicely (probably due to engine weight) and the back should hopefully catch up soon.

I think i'll give it till i return from the states beginning of Feb and then get the geo adjusted accordingly.

Pics to follow soon.

the back's dropped circa 10mm since they were fitted (measured).

i've driven about 5 miles tops since they were on. I;ve seen a fair few TTE lowered cars and i know for a fact they will settle out nicely.

will get some pics after i've driven it a little more :winky:

See to me the front looks fine but the back has always been the problem an looks no differnt I know u say it needs to settle but still... as long as ur happy tis ur money of course lol

not to mention the massive improvement in handling of course..... :whistling:

dont worry they WILL drop :D

aye, they sure will.

will the handling also improve or will it stay as it is now??

You'll notice it over the next few months matey and you'll be throwing it round islands at silly speeds it does look better than it did yesterday as i could get my head inside the rear wheel arch :whistling: looks like someones left some scratches on the path outside your house Rob ("why does petrol weigh so much"):lol::blush:

dont worry they WILL drop :D

aye, they sure will.

will the handling also improve or will it stay as it is now??

You'll notice it over the next few months matey and you'll be throwing it round islands at silly speeds it does look better than it did yesterday as i could get my head inside the rear wheel arch :whistling: looks like someones left some scratches on the path outside your house Rob ("why does petrol weigh so much"):lol::blush:

no, don't think its petrol related, must be a huge boot weight :P :lol::whistling:

but yes, i agree, i could have fit my head in those wheel arches!!!

Wahay! You managed it - nice one amigo.... Sounds like your a happy chappy!

Good work and it looks pretty decent now so look forward to seeing it in its final resting position :)

All the best,

Jamie

cheers mate, its made the world of difference already. Just need some nice weather for a proper test drive :whistling:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links