Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Petrol Prices?

Paul-J

Its funny how most of the highest priced garages are all Texaco? We have 3 within a mile of each other and they all charge more than any of the other garages around the area so i go to a shell garage on my travels from my partners mums and i paid £103.9 for v-power the other night and its £100.9 for standard unleaded? I've always said texaco were a rip off so i only ever use them now if i'm desperate for fuel and then i only put in what i need?

Whats the highest price garage where you guys live? Texaco, Shell, etc??

• 2 weeks later...

Moffet why did you go for the cheaper stuff(unleaded)??

Did you know with higher octane you get more MPG and i believe what you pay more you make up for in miles.

Using High Octane is the same price and you get a cleaner fuel IMHO

I agree, it is better for the car and you probably will get a little more MPG - just not enough to warrant the extra 8p a litre that is is now. I normally put about 60 litres in at a time (fill up ASAP after the red light comes on) which will cost £4.80 more on the premium fuel. I wouldn't have thought you get enough miles more from it to warrant nearly an extra fiver each time.

Onto my third tank of normal fuel now (I think) and haven't noticed a great difference to be honest... :tomato: Cost is 104.9p here... I thought us in the North were supposed to get things cheaper!!!

• 4 weeks later...
Have you all got the Citi Shell Mastercard yet (especially all the V-Power users)?

I've recently got this, 6% cashback for first few months and 3% thereafter - at least it softens the rise in fuel prices slightly............

Mine came through this week; so will be hoping to use it in the future :) How long is the 6% cashback offer on till?

Local Shell

V-Power Diesel (for the BMW) - 112.9p! :crybaby:

V-Power Unleaded (for the Aristo) - 107.9p! :crybaby:

Apparently they are going up again near the end of the week.

I try and avoid filling up at Supermarkets if I can. Just paid 100.9 at a Shell garage in Derby on Thursday, around here it's more like 102.9 I'm not convinced that these performance fuels will be any better for the car.

I try and avoid filling up at Supermarkets if I can.

Sainsburys on Osmaston Park road is a BP garage, any particular reason to avoid it?

Tigerfish - I'm not from Derby (just passing thru and saw the fuel was cheap) so not sure about the Sainsburys on Osmaston Park Road. My gut feeling is that there must be a reason why supermarket fuel is generally cheaper (i.e. it's watered down or something), but I'm happy to be educated.

I try and avoid filling up at Supermarkets if I can.

Sainsburys on Osmaston Park road is a BP garage, any particular reason to avoid it?

Tigerfish - I'm not from Derby (just passing thru and saw the fuel was cheap) so not sure about the Sainsburys on Osmaston Park Road. My gut feeling is that there must be a reason why supermarket fuel is generally cheaper (i.e. it's watered down or something), but I'm happy to be educated.

No problem mate, I don't know myself so was just checking incase there were any horror stories I needed to know.

The Esso garage on Chellaston Road has gone up to 102.9 I noticed yesterday.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links